Carnegie Mellon University is a private, global research university that is positioned among the world’s most renowned education institutions and serves a diverse community of more than 14,000 students, 104,000 active alumni, and 6,300 faculty and staff. This role is based at the university’s Africa campus location in Kigali, Rwanda. Carnegie Mellon values equity and inclusion, and the curious and passionate are challenged to deliver work that matters.
We are seeking a Postdoctoral Research Associate to carry out advanced independent and/or directed research to achieve the objectives of the research project. This position will require an in depth knowledge of a specialized field, process, or discipline and may involve prioritizing and implementing complex research plans, the development of methods of research, testing and data collection, analysis and evaluation, and writing reports which contain descriptive, analytical and evaluative content. The purpose of this role is to acquire the professional skills needed to pursue a career path of his or her choosing.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Leverage recent developments in cybersecurity models, game theory, and machine learning to develop tools and algorithms that will lead to the design, implementation, and operation of self-organized networks with the necessary resilience and performance guarantees.
- Develop high-quality research and forge productive collaborations.
- Lab maintenance, including equipment maintenance and ordering of supplies may be required depending on area and specialty.
- Participate/assist in manuscript writing for publication in scientific journals and/or presentations. May also assist in grant writing.
- Collect and analyze data, including periodical/literature search and utilizing specialized skills in related field to analyze the collected data.
- Conduct research experiments within the predetermined research scope and methodology of department and university.
You should have strong written and communication skills, excellent problem-solving and reasoning skills, organization and planning skills, a team-oriented approach. Resourcefulness, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within CIT – Rwanda. Inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity are valued proficiencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who is able to optimally interact with a varied population of internal and external partners at a high level of integrity. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the university through their work.
Are you interested in this opportunity? Please apply!
- Doctorate degree
- Background check
Please visit “Why Carnegie Mellon” to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
A listing of employee benefits is available at: http://www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/.
Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
Please visit https://www.cmu.edu/policies/administrative-and-governance/statement-of-assurance.html to review our Statement of Assurance.
Job Function: Research
Primary Location: Rwanda-Kigali-Kigali
Time Type: Full Time
Minimum Education Level: Doctorate
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here Closing Date : 1st January, 2021.