|Monitoring and Evaluation Officer|
Kigali with frequent field travels, Rwanda
To Be Advised
Full Time, 35 hours per week
|VSO is the world’s leading international development organization that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organizations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead, we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.|
Programme quality monitoring
• Support in designing appropriate data collection tools for streamlining data collection and reporting, management of programme data and reports, and supervising and coordinating volunteers, partners, and staff during data collection;
• Work with the programme team to ensure that LIA (MEL/MEAL) is well integrated at the planning stages of projects;
• Provide support and training in the use of LIA (MEL/MEAL) tools such as the IMPACT online reporting system; and other monitoring tools;
Conduct quantitative and qualitative data analysis as assigned by the supervisor;
• Supports programme staff to report and update all donors log frame as needed;
• Conduct regular monitoring of the quality of project implementation by volunteers, programme staff, and partners on a regular basis;
• Assist in the development of and maintenance of project detailed MEL plans and frameworks;
• Create and maintain the IMPACT system user account for new staff, volunteers and partners. Programme evaluation
• Assist in the organization of baseline, mid-line and end-line project evaluations;
• Contribute to and support the development of appropriate mechanisms and tools to monitor and evaluate impact and change at programme, partnership and primary actor levels;
• Support the compilation of internal and external reports and program documentation as necessary;
• Clean data using Excel and/or SPSS for evaluations conducted through external data collectors;
• Assist in the descriptive and inferential analyses.
Skills, qualifications, and experience required
Qualifications, attributes, and skills
• Education: University degree in Education, Statistics, social sciences or related field.
• At least, 3 years experience and knowledge of MEL methods.
• Skills in designing and implementing information management and performance measurement frameworks.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, and ability to work under pressure
• Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong computer proficiency, particularly with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, and ability to use analysis software packages like SPSS, Atlas.ti
• Experience using mobile devices (tablets, GPS, etc.) in the data collection
• Demonstrated understanding of the development and emergency activities
• Commitment to and understanding of VSO vision, mission, values, and principles
• Excellent verbal and written skills in Kinyarwanda and English. Knowledge of French is an asset.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
This Position is open to Rwanda Citizens only.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 29th February, 2021.