- Company: Chemonics Soma Umenye LLC
- Location: Zambia
- State: Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Rwanda
Chemonics International, an international development consulting firm, is seeking Head of HR and Operations for the anticipated DFID-funded ‘Investing in Adolescent Girls in Rwanda’ (IAG-R) programme, an approximately £12 million programme to be implemented over four years as the second phase of the DFID-funded 12+ programme supporting adolescent girls in Rwanda.
The programme will provide up to 200,000 adolescents with the knowledge and capabilities needed to achieve their full potential, make better choices, take advantage of opportunities and better manage risk.
We are seeking candidates for the following position:
Head of HR and Operations
Responsibilities will include budgeting, financial management, procurement, recruitment, and overall functioning of the office, as well as ensuring compliance and conformity with DFID rules and regulations, Chemonics’ best practices and policies. Illustrative duties for the Head of HR and Operations include:
- Human Resources: Oversight of project human resource needs including personnel recruitment and hiring, personnel management, improvement and review of personnel policies, procedures and benefits, maintenance of personnel records for local staff, review of long-term and short-term local employment contracts, timely and efficient conduct of annual performance evaluations, ensuring staff compliance with local employee handbook and local labor laws. Monitor project staffing requirements to ensure appropriate coverage and job satisfaction.
- Financial and Procurement Management: Oversee local finances and budget, including the management of all procurement and contract/subcontract administration activities assuring compliance with the prime contract, corporate policies, and procedures and applicable DFID and local regulations. Provide requested financial reports to Team Lead as needed. Assist the Team Lead and Home Office in developing and monitoring IAG-R’s annual corporate and work plan budget projections. Responsible for managing and updating a budget monitor tool which compares projected and actual expenditures for the life of the project. Conduct monthly reviews of financials in order to keep the project on-budget.
- Finance and Administrative Management: Oversee the work of IAG-R Finance and Operations teams. This implies the oversight of project logistics (travel, lodging), office maintenance (procurement and use of supplies, equipment, and services), project vehicle use, ensuring compliance with financial guidelines and policy, review cash requests, review and approve local expenditures and monthly financial reports ensuring that staff performs efficiently. Ensure that all finance and administrative staff have access to and a working knowledge of DFID rules and regulations.
- Contract Compliance: Use sound judgment and informed research to make decisions and obtain appropriate DFID approvals. Bring to the attention of the Team Lead and the Chemonics Home Office (HO) any problems or sensitive issues that arise regarding contract compliance. Promote staff awareness of DFID regulations relevant to the contract. Collaborate in the preparation of contract-required reports including monthly reports, performance monitoring reports, and annual work plans as requested by the Team Lead.
- The successful candidate will have over 8 years of relevant experience in project operational and financial management and human resources, preferably in Rwanda.
- Experience on donor-funded programmes, preferably with the Department for International Development (DFID)
- Minimum 3 years of progressively responsible supervisory experience and at least four years of progressive, technical experience implementing donor programs.
- Demonstrated leadership, attention to detail, versatility, and integrity.
- Strong management and organizational skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Ability to communicate effectively in a cross-cultural environment.
Please apply by clicking the link here:
Please contact IAGRrecruit@chemonics.com if you experience any issues. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and finalists will be contacted for an interview.