- Company: University Of Rwanda
- Location: Zambia
- State: Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Rwanda
1. Coordinate and supervise all Accounting in Financial transactions. ? Coordinate the preparation of financial statements and reports;
? Manage, and control accounting for the financial resources of the University
? Answer audit queries and mandatory inquiries whenever necessary;
? Ensure adherence to the raised during the previous financial year.
? Verify and sign all payments;
? Ensure timely
? Establish and formalize financial management and control procedures.
2. Guidance and technical support to the University Management on proper management and accountability for the financial resources of the University.
? Provide advice to the University management on daily Financial and Accountability activities.
? Ensure that the University is at all times financially sound and able Manage its finances, expenditures, assets and liabilities.
? Enforce adherence to financial policy, regulations and professional practices in all financial transactions.
? Ensure proper documentation to support vouchers, including authorization according to regulations;
3. Supervise the regular follow up of budget execution and update management on progress. ? Participate in the preparation of work plans and annual budget.
? Coordinate the Preparation of annual, quarterly and monthly cash plans in collaboration with other units
? Verify the produced purchase order for payment in respect of budget lines planned.
? Coordinate the process of payment through national mode(direct payments)
? Supervise maintenance of petty cash for University
? Supervise of Preparation of budget execution periodic reports for decision making
? Identify budget gaps and propose budget revision
4. Supervise all activities with the division ? Supervise financial assistants and other employees in the facilitation of day
– day operations, including tracking financial data, invoicing, payroll, etc
? review, and adhere to the budgets for each business department. … Monitor cash flow, accounts, and other financial transactions
? Facilitate internal and external audits
a) Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
b) Accounting Professional Qualification (ACCA, CPA) and must be registered with iCPAR
c) Masters in Accounting or Finance will be an advantage
d) Five years’ experience in Financial Management Practices, three (3) of which must have been at Managerial (Director or equivalent) level
e) Knowledge of an Integrated Financial Management Information System (IFMIS)