Finance & Administration Manager (FAM)
Deadline of this Job:
21 January 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, January 18, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Umuhuza is a Non-Governmental Organization established in 2005 and was registered by the Rwanda Governance Board in 2013. The organization has worked with the aim to foster a culture of peace through education focusing on positive parenting with the goal to promote improved childhood development and to create peaceful citizens. Umuhuza is assigned the legal personality by the recognized no. 104/2014 as published in the official gazette no. 50 bis of 15/12/2014.
Whereas in the initial stages, the organization focused on peace education and family literacy as the main program areas. Overtime, as a result of the lessons learnt, the organization has also expanded her programming to areas such as economic empowerment and protection of the vulnerable with a focus on women and children
JOB TITLE: FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION MANAGER (FAM)
Vacancy Announcement: Kigali, January. 15th 2021
UMUHUZA Organization is recruiting for the position of FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION MANAGER. This position is open to all Interested Candidates/All Sources and available to start immediately in its Kigali office. The Finance & administration Manager is the top financial and administrative position in the organization and is a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT). .
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
General Accounting, Financial Management & Reporting:
• Responsible for timely and accurate submission of monthly financial reporting package to respective stakeholders (BoD, Donors) including standard financial statements and accompanying schedules and grant level reporting.
• Implement, monitor, and evaluate internal controls and compliance procedures.
• Provide SMT with timely and accurate Budget vs. Actual analysis reports, including explanations of variances.
• Train staff on financial management policies and procedures and budget coding guidelines for new grants and projects for use on timesheets and coding of payment vouchers.
• Ensure timely and correct submission of all sub-grantee financial reports following sub-grant agreements and review reports and supporting documentation for reasonableness.
• Ensure that the Annual Audit is carried out promptly as required by the organization.
• Ensure that the internal control procedures and donors’ regulations are followed for all cash disbursements, receipts, transfers and include appropriate backup for compliance.
Compensation and Benefits
• Monitor benefits and compensation administration ensuring internal equity and compliance with organizational policies and applicable laws.
• Participate in compensation and benefits surveys
• Review proposed salary decisions for both regular staff and contractors; make recommendations to Management based on compensation guidelines.
• Oversee maintenance of an accurate and up to date asset register and depreciation schedule for all fixed assets, and that controls are in place to safeguard assets and physical inventory verification at least annually.
• Oversee effective management of non-service contracts and timely execution of all approved payments to vendors /contractors for goods and services received.
• Participate in strategy development and annual operational planning and budgeting of the Organization.
• Participate in policy-setting discussions with the Senior Management Team and communicate policies to local staff.
• Make recommendations for enhancements to policies and procedures to create operational efficiencies and represent the office during national or global finance meetings and cross-functional policy development working groups.
KEY COMPETENCIES & QUALIFICATIONS
• Master’s degree and other Post-graduate qualifications in finance, accounting, or business management.
• CPA, ACCA, or equivalent designation is preferred;
• At least three (3) years’ work experience in Accounting or Finance position with full accounting and budgeting responsibilities within the NGO/ING environment, including at least two (2) years in a management role;
• Excellent computer skills including spreadsheet, database, word processing, presentation, and email along with data entry experience; proficiency in QuickBooks Pro accounting software;
• Demonstrated experience managerial role;
• Highly organized and detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities;
• Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and to take initiative;
• Proficiency in English and / or French
• Good communication skills.
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed e-mail application: High Academic Degree, CV, and cover letter in English, by January 21, 2021 to [email protected] or hardcopy to UMUHUZA Head office located in Kigali-Remera- Rukiri 11,KG 125 ST 3 Near IKARO PLAZA and Remera Bus please include the position title in the subject line.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED. UMUHUZA Organization is an equal opportunity employer
Done at Kigali, 15th January 2021