Jobs at:Ultimate Developers ltd (UDL)
Deadline of this Job:
17 August 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
UDL is a private real estate development company leading the way in changing the landscape of Rwanda through its residential and commercial development projects. .
• Review plans and specifications according to the plan for the MEP section and where required prepare technical clarifications to the tendered design to suit specific on-site construction and co-ordination issues;
• Continually review the contractor’s construction schedule during the progress of the site works with regards to MEP services and report to the Project Director on the same.
• Prepare plans, details, specified and cost estimated of plumbing, heating, ventilating, air conditioning, general piping system and other related MEP services.
• Ensure that the filing/logging of the MEP documentation is undertaken in line with the project handbook and continually monitor the same.
• Provide technical advice to staff designer, supervisor, inspector, and contracting service provider, regarding installation and maintenance of MEP System.
• Lead and supervise installation, testing, and commissioning of a wide range of MEP equipment
• Analyze Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing engineering problems and formulate solutions.
• Report any risks associated with MEP installations or general projects to the Project Director and minimize machinery downtime by carrying out preventative planned maintenance
• Be a safety champion and advising the production team on usability and safety of the equipment
• Understand code compliance, power distribution, industrial automation, and other electrical systems.
• Be familiar with basic building codes, safety standards, and other relevant engineering information.
• Support the development, control, and tracking of maintenance budgets.
• Coordinate with planning/scheduling, inventory control and maintenance procurement teams for all repairs, products, work schedules and meetings.
• Undertake final project snagging and prepare a list of defects for the Contractor’s action
• Any other duty that may be assigned by the direct supervisor
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Bachelor’s degree in either electrical and electronic engineering or in mechanical engineering; or electromechanical engineering with over 10 years working experience with at least 5 years in a supervisory role
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
• Be enthusiastic and flexible in approach and problem solving;
• Be able to perform a highly physical job and be comfortable working at height;
• Ability to clearly and concisely record and convey information;
• Ability to prioritize workload and to cope with pressure and setbacks
• Be flexible, creative and innovative
• Be of proven moral integrity
• Be responsive, prompt, effective and impartial
• Ability to appreciate and apply technology in the work environment
• Passion for continuous professional development
• Ability to have the initiative to achieve expected results
• Team leadership
• Proficiency in both written and spoken Kinyarwanda and English languages is necessary; working knowledge of French is an asset;
• Computer literate with proficient knowledge of MS Office.
– Be an active member of the Institute of Engineers of Rwanda or equivalent
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application letters by email at [email protected] not later than 5: 00 pm on 17th August 2020. The application letter should be accompanied by a copy of the required degree, professional certificate, detailed Curriculum Vitae, Identification card/passport, and other relevant documentation related to the required experience.