Jobs at:Rwanda Organization of Land Surveyors (ROLS)
Deadline of this Job:
10 August 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, July 27, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Rwanda Organization of Land Surveyors (ROLS) is a Rwandan association of experts in the field of Rwanda Surveying, established in 2016, with 446 registered members from which, we have certified Surveyors and Certified Technician Surveyors by Rwanda Land Management and Use Authority and Interns. ROLS is also registered members of the International Federation of Experts in Surveying from French-speaking (Federation des Géomètres Francophones ). .
Responsibilities for the Assistant Secretary:
• Keep diary appointments;
• Receive and orient visitors;
• Prepare the travels, missions and meetings;
• Analyze and summarize the documents to be submitted;
• File both electronic and hard documents in the office;
• Orient correspondences and monitor to ensure that feedback is provided;
• Record, process and file the RLT’s confidential documents;
• Identify priority files to be submitted
• Forward correspondences
• Receive text messages or telephone calls
• Prepare correspondences to be sent outside
• Receiving and guiding clients coming to the office
• Follow up of ROLS invoices and preparing memos
• Implementing office procedures
• Arranging some meetings
• Maintaining office supplies
• Assisting to handle correspondence (Handled all incoming/outgoing mail, faxing back signed paperwork in a timely manner)
• Worked the front desk greeting and assisting all staff and guests
• Provided technical Support and assistance with organizing files and documents
• Maintained an efficient, friendly, quality of service in a active fine atmosphere
• Entered and collecting weekly, monthly and Annual reports of all Commissions and Executive Committee
• Performing other duties assigned by Executive Committee
• Performing reception and Assisting Secretarial services daily
• Record keeping
• Prioritizing workloads
• Takes minutes or recordings of some meetings
• Maintains confidentiality of documents and information received
• Keeps informed of office details and advises management of problems
• Assists in the preparation of budgets and financial reports; prepares and monitors timekeeping and other personnel records
• Determines needs and orders office supplies, equipment, repair and maintenance services through agency channels
• Reviews and reports on membership matters to ROLS Secretary General
Job Skills: Not Specified
Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
• Computer Skills
• MOS and Internet management skills
• Office Management Skills;
• Excellent Communication, Organizational, and Interpersonal Skills;
• Computer knowledge (Work Processing, Power Point and Internet)
• Analytical and problem solving skills;
• Time management skills;
• Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and French;
• Good communication, customer service and relationship-building skills
• Team working skills
• Ability to determine work priorities.
• Ability to make decisions and take appropriate actions.
• Works in an impartial, fair and honest manner. Resists acts of personal gain. Does not abuse power. Behaves professionally while conducting his/her duties.
• Proposes new ideas and solutions to supervisors. Has ability to adapt and use alternative techniques to achieve institutional goals. Ability to recognize and initiate new ideas.
• Shows respect for people and their differences. Works to understand the perspectives of others and encourages them to provide their perspectives. Builds mutual respect and works well with others.
• Accepts guidance, and takes responsibility for assignments delegated to him/her. Provides periodic reports as required by supervisors. Takes responsibility for his/her mistakes and failures and endeavors to take corrective action. Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
• Receives information and seeks to understand it. Uses interpersonal skills to build working relationships. Receives and learns from feedback. Effectively Tailors and presents information to diverse audiences using a variety of communication delivery methods (e.g., written, electronic, oral).
• Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve common goals. Willingness to learn from others. Builds consensus with team members to achieve tasks. Solicits inputs from supervisors and colleagues to improve his/her performance.
• Seeks to understand customer expectations and addresses them. Recommends solutions to improve customer satisfaction. Values client relationship and treats clients with respect and courtesy.
• Has ability to use computers, printers, scanners, and Projectors. Uses latest technology to communicate effectively i.e RBM IT system, email, PowerPoint, etc. Is willing to learn about new technology.
• Applies up to date knowledge and standards in his/her profession. Is efficient in meeting commitments, deadlines and achieving results. Shows pride in the organization and puts the organizational interest first ahead of personal interests. Shows persistence with professional ethics even when faced with difficult problems or challenges.
• Seeks feedback to learn and improve. Shows willingness to learn from others. Makes time for appropriate training.
• Demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be a part of a much larger system. Identifies serious connections and patterns in information and thinks ahead about next steps. Assesses and interprets information in order to identify issues and make routine decisions or advise on appropriate decisions.
• Identifies issues and challenges and takes steps to resolve them. Addresses issues and consults others during various phases of the problem solving process.
• Distinguishes relevant from irrelevant information in advising on decisions regarding particular issues. Advise on decisions consistent with organizational policy in a timely manner.
• Has basic understanding of the concepts of mentoring and coaching. Appreciates the value of coaching as a method to strengthen institutional skills. Uses coaching as a training tool.
• Receives delegated assignments and accomplishes them on time. Plans, implements and reports activities on time. Arrives at work on time, and completes allocated tasks on time.
• Obtains feedback and input when next apportioning tasks.
• Ability to analyze and assess services and operations for quality, efficiency, and effectiveness and to make recommendations for improvements
• Ability to interpret and apply complex rules, guidelines, regulations, policies, and procedures
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8