Assets and Liabilities Manager
Jobs at:COGEBANQUE PLC
Deadline of this Job:
18 September 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, September 07, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Compagnie Générale de Banque Plc (COGEBANQUE Plc) is a commercial bank that is licensed and regulated by the National Bank of Rwanda (BNR). It was incorporated on July 17, 1999, and currently has 28 branches, over 600 agents, and 36 ATM Machines across the country so far. .
• Overall management of the bank’s balance sheet, to ensure that the bank is liquid and adequately funded, and other related risks are well managed.
• Regular assessment and reporting the Bank’s Asset and Liability mismatches in respect to foreign currency, liquidity, and interest rate, etc. (including sensitivity analysis), and managing the implementation of required short-and medium-term measures to ensure that gaps are in line with the Bank’s strategy and ALM policy.
• Identify and monitor all ALM related risk exposures regularly to ensure they do not adversely affect the bank.
• Provide vital input on matters relating to capital structure and hedging of various ALM related risks.
• Help to optimize the Bank’s returns from the securities portfolio and from similar operations
• Provide support the treasury unit in managing daily cash balances, and surplus cash for other earning assets (e.g. money markets, fixed income).
• Preparing monthly reports (Management ALCO reports) and quarterly CAMELS reports to the board
• Actively participate in the implementation of relevant ALM tools and ensure that these tools are fit for purpose and functionality up to date.
• Maintenance of the fund transfer pricing in-house system and ensure that the financial data is accurate and well updated all the time
• Work with the business units (branches, treasury unit and corporate department) and ensure that fund supplies and demands by business units are well priced on a daily basis
• Work with IT and service providers to ensure that the FTP system is up and running all the time
• Provide the required support to team (s) in charge of performance management by providing the data needed for the correct assessment
Skills, qualifications, and experience
A results-driven individual with exceptional interpersonal skills and a successful track record of leadership at a senior level. The ideal candidate will bring the experience of securing major funding or grants (£5m+), building collaborative and effective strategic partnerships with donors and others across the sector.
The ideal candidate should be bilingual (Portuguese or Spanish and English)
The manager will be responsible for leading the implementation of the Bank’s Asset & Liability Management policy. This will include focusing on ensuring that all business areas operate within the policies and procedures that were put in place for effective ALCO management and reporting and that appropriate strategy is set for ALM.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or closely related field
• Having a Professional qualification in ACCA/CPA, CIMA is a very important added advantage
• A minimum of 4 years’ experience in a finance/treasury role in a regulated financial institution
General and Behavioral
Good planning and organisation skills
• Having good knowledge and experience in managing the fund transfer pricing
• Very good understanding of banks’ market risks and the analysis tools for the risks
• Having experience in liquidity risk management with a good understanding of tools used to identify, and manage such risks.
• Very good in preparation of reports such as financial reports and ALM reports
• Must have very good analytical skills
• Excellent oral and written communication
• Ability to manage relationships and expectations on various levels
• Excellent interpersonal skills
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If the position described below speaks to you, send us your application (Application letter + detailed CV) via email at [email protected] by or before 18th September 2020 marking the subject as “The Job You Are Applying for”. i.e. “Assets and Liabilities Manager