2 Campus Director of Finance
Jobs at:University Of Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
01st August 2019
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, July 29, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
University Of Rwanda .
• Coordinate and supervise all Accounting in Financial transactions
• Coordinate the preparation of financial statements and reports;
• Manage, and control accounting for the financial resources of the University;
• Answer audit queries and mandatory inquiries whenever necessary;
• Ensure adherence to the raised during the previous financial year.
• Verify and sign all payments;
• Ensure timely payments
• Establish and formalize financial management and control procedures.
• Guidance and technical support to the University Management on proper management and accountability for the financial resources of the University.
• Provide advice to the University management on daily Financial and Accountability activities.
• Ensure that the University is at all times financially sound and able Manage its finances, expenditures, assets and liabilities.
• Enforce adherence to financial policy, regulations and professional practices in all financial transactions.
• Ensure proper documentation to support vouchers, including authorization according to regulations;
• Supervise the regular follow up of budget execution and update management on progress.
• Participate in the preparation of work plans and annual budget.
• Coordinate the Preparation of annual, quarterly and monthly cash plans in collaboration with other units
• Verify the produced purchase order for payment in respect of budget lines planned.
• Coordinate the process of payment through national mode(direct payments)
• Supervise maintenance of petty cash for University
• Supervise of Preparation of budget execution periodic reports for decision making
• Identify budget gaps and propose budget revision
• Supervise all activities with the directorate
• Follow up of day to day activities performed by the subordinates in the Unit
• Regular monitoring of employee performance contracts signing and appraisal in Unit
• Facilitate internal and external audits
• Preparing the necessary records for internal and external audits
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
• Master’s Degree in the above fields is an advantage.
• Having completed an intermediate level of Accounting Professional Qualification (ACCA, CPA or equivalent)
• Five years experience in Accounting and Financial Management practices.
• Knowledge of Integrated Financial Management Information System
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Follow the link below to apply http://recruitment.mifotra.gov.rw/Applications/Apply/3789