- Company: RwandAir Catering Ltd
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kigali Jobs in Rwanda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Customer Service Jobs in Rwanda
Job Title: Sous-Chef (New Position)
Reporting Line: Executive Chef/ Production Manager
Role Purpose Statement: Work alongside Executive chef to manage daily kitchen activities, including overseeing staff, aiding with menu preparation, ensuring food quality, freshness, monitoring, ordering, and stocking.
Provides meal quality and consistency by following designated recipes.
Supervise other kitchen staff, as well as keeping an eye out for problems that arise in the kitchen and seizing control of a situation at a moment’s notice.
Key Interfaces Internal : Quality Assurance, Production & all internal and operations.
External Interfaces External: Customers, & Suppliers.
Main Accountabilities (including specific challenges)
- Leads kitchen team in the chef’s absence
- Provides guidance to junior kitchen staff members, including, but not limited to line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating
- Oversees and organizes kitchen stock and ingredients
- Ensure a first-in, first-out rotation system and verifies all food products are properly dated and organized for quality assurance.
- Keeps cooking stations stocked, especially before and during prime operations hours
- Trains new kitchen employees to kitchen standards
- Manages food and product ordering by keeping detailed records and minimizes waste, plus works with existing systems to improve waste reduction and manage budgetary concerns.
- Supervises all food storage units all meet standards and consistently well-managed.
- Assists executive chef in menu creation.
- Coordinates with the management team on ordering, budget, and kitchen efficiency and staffing.
Key performance indicators (KPI)
- Ensure customer satisfaction
- Ensure Chefs recipe processes are complied with
- Ensure timely & accurate reporting.
- Ensure compliance with the internal guidelines, policies, and strategies
- Succession Planning
- Develop and implement a job rotation plan
- Staff skills training
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Previous 5-year Experience as a chef or sous chef in high volume multi-menu food operation
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to Detail, Leadership, Management, Ability to work under pressure, self-motivated, creative Problem- Solving skills, Strong verbal and written communication skills, Exceptional Customer service skills.
- Culinary training or equivalent qualification.
- Completion of secondary school or above is mandatory.
- Demonstrate Knowledge and Experience with HACCP implementation.
- Excellent Knowledge of raw materials yields and best usage.
- Strong people and process management skills
- Excellent computer skills to include Microsoft, word, excel, and powerpoint
- Fluent English both written and spoken
- Excellent skills at developing concepts, ensuring documentation and conducting professional and convincing menu presentation in front of customers.
- Customer focus
- Team orientation
- Effective Communication skills
- Analytical Skills
- Achievement Orientation
- Project Management Skills
If you meet all the above criteria, send in your CV together with a cover letter including a statement describing your suitability for the position you are applying for ( all in English ) and 3 names of referees at email@example.com not later than 17 th September 2019
Note: your application latter MUST specify the position you are applying for.