Technical Director, Grants IT Capability
Jobs at:World Vision International
Deadline of this Job:
14 May 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, April 29, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Purpose Of Position:
The Technical Director, Grants IT Capability drives the design, development and outcomes of grants capability by capturing business requirements, design elements, functionality, testing and implementation. The purpose is to enable Our Promise to 'grow and leverage grants to deepen our commitment to the most vulnerable boys and girls.'
This position works with stakeholders representing grant acquisition and management, in funding and implementing offices, and supporting roles across finance, impact and evidence and disaster management on behalf of IT. Successful implementation meets business needs in line with an integrated road-map across various platforms enabling grants. .
• Engage grants stakeholders across the WV Partnership to discover, design and document enhancements to meet grants capabilities.
• Provide input on the integration of grants capabilities with Business IT portfolio.
• Lead the grants functional requirements definitions according to the WVIT request process on behalf of grants stakeholders with WVIT business analysts and developers across platforms and systems that support and integrate grants capabilities.
• Provide input to release plans.
• Lead the grants UX requirements according to the platform UI that support grants capabilities.
• Coordinate grants stakeholder feedback on UX wireframes to support user adoption.
• With QA and Support, coordinate grants engagement in user acceptance tests prior to release.
• Engage grants stakeholder feedback on grants business intelligence products and coordinate changes with WVIT Business Intelligence with each relevant release.
• Lead the knowledge transfer of grant enhancements to Global Grants, Grants Compliance (finance), Disaster Management, and MSE.
• Lead the knowledge transfer of grant enhancements to Ministry IT Support.
• Collaborate with Global GAM Knowledge Management on knowledge transfer to grants stakeholders across the WV Partnership.
• Provide input to Support on incidents, problems and suggested fixes.
• Provide grants input for engagement with IT Governance Steering Groups.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Demonstrated expertise in roles related to capability management and grants systems, processes and data from an expert user perspective in World Vision.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience and in-depth knowledge in grants preferably within World Vision.
• Knowledge of World Vision, its grants acquisition, programming and management.
• Experience in working with cross sectors and functions around enterprise-wide change processes.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Relief or Development, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
• Requires experience in supervising and building relationships with people at a variety of levels.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
• Strong analytical, creative, and critical thinking.
• Capability of generating consistently accurate and useful information to inform strategic planning and decisions.
• Strength in building and managing effective work relationships with both local and dispersed colleagues.
• Ability to effectively communicate with many different functions, cultures and levels in the organization.
• English fluency, Spanish and/or French additional preferred.
• Work with globally distributed team across most timezones.
• Ability to travel.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please click in the link to apply.