Jobs at:Rwanda Technical &Vocational Education& Training Board
Deadline of this Job:
17 February 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, February 15, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The last couple of years, Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) has been an important component within the Rwandese policy to end poverty. A reform of the TVET sector has been approved in 2008. Therefore, two new bodies have been created within the Ministry of Education: the Workforce Development Authority (WDA) and the Integrated Polytechnic Regional Centres (IPRCs). The WDA has to organise the TVET strategy at a national level and the IPRCs have to develop into centres of expertise on a provincial level. Since the reforms, TVET gets increased attention from the government, the private sector and international donors. The choice to have a joint programma with BTC, APEFE and VVOB was quickly made, since all partners have already been working within the Rwandan TVET sector for years. .
• Define occupational profiles and competency standards for all areas of the sector in collaboration with industry, profession Bodies, sector skills council, training Providers and relevant policy makers;
• Guide the harmonized translation of occupational profiles into national occupational Standards together with the industry, profession Bodies, sector skills council, training providers and policy makers.
• Plan, organize and facilitate the design, development, testing, monitoring and evaluation of the curricula for all areas of the sector.
• Plan, organize and facilitate the design, development, testing, monitoring and evaluation of Trainers’ manuals, trainee’s manuals and other pedagogical aids for technical Education and vocational training under his/her responsibility.
• Prepare periodic reports on the state of curriculum and propose Strategies for its improvement;
• Plan and organize regular meetings with Technical Expertise Groups (TEG) to match the curriculum with changing labor market needs;
• Transmit and explain proper use of curriculum and teaching/training aids to the office in charge of ToT, Assessment and certifications;
• Monitor the training of trainers in the use of the curriculum,
• Collaborate with the unit in charge of Digital content development to digitalize the developed curricula and all related instructional materials.
• Performs any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here https://recruitment.mifotra.gov.rw/Vacancies/Details/6707