Social Safeguards Specialist
Jobs at:Ministry In Charge Of Emergency Management
Deadline of this Job:
16th September 2019
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Ministry In Charge Of Emergency Management .
• Provide overall social safeguards oversight during the implementation of SEIRHCP;
• Provide support to the project implementing district staff to effectively implement social safeguards activities;
• Ensure the preparation and implementation of social safeguards instruments such as Resettlement Action Plans (RAP) and or Abbreviated Resettlement Action Plans (ARAP);
• Ensure implementation of the Stakeholder Engagement Plan (SEP), including the Grievance Redress Mechanism (GRM), in collaboration with the communication team, to strategically engage with project beneficiaries and stakeholders at all stages of the project;
• Coordinate and participate in raising awareness with the communities about Gender Based Violence (GBV); Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STIs); unplanned pregnancy; child labor and abuse; labor influx prevention; etc., and other social safeguard related activities.
• Evaluate social risks that may emerge and/are triggered by project initiatives and provide proper recommendations to the supervisor on mitigation strategies;
• Follow up on the resolution of the project grievances and maintain the project grievance database;
• Monitor, supervise and report on social safeguards activities to the Project Manager.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Have good communication skills (written and oral) in English and/or French and Kinyarwanda. Good knowledge of all languages will be an advantage;
• Have well developed planning and organizational skills and good ability in working productively in a team environment of diverse backgrounds;
• Have other skills such as: (i) quantitative and analytical skills, (ii) working knowledge of Microsoft programs (excel, word, power point), (iii) ability to manage priorities and be detail – orientated within a dynamic, fast – paced environment, (iv) Work in a team to determine and or review ideas to find solutions to problems, (v) ability to work independently with little or no supervision while maintaining a high level of efficiency and still upholding a team mentally.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Follow the link below to apply http://recruitment.mifotra.gov.rw/Applications/Apply/4072