Senior Operations Manager
Jobs at:Youth Development Labs
Deadline of this Job:
14 June 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, May 14, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• YLabs is seeking a Senior Operations Manager to join our global operations team to lead the operations for our Rwanda o?ce. You will play a critical role as YLabs continues to enhance its quality programming across sub-Saharan Africa.
• A successful candidate will be a hands-on, participative manager and will lead and grow our Rwanda operations team to support YLabs’ work with young people.
• The ideal candidate enjoys both working collaboratively and individually, can comfortably manage multiple workstreams, and thrives in a dynamic, creative environment with lots of opportunity to learn and develop new skills.
• The Senior Operations Manager will work with the global operations and ?nance team and the Executive Director to develop robust operational systems and processes and ensure a happy, healthy team. This role will report to the Senior Operations Manager, who is based in the US o?ce. This is an opportunity for an emerging nonpro?t operations leader to support the growth of an innovative, high-impact organization.
• This is a full-time position which requires the ability to legally work in Rwanda. Due to the pandemic, there is no requirement for this role to be based out of our Kigali o?ce although if you choose to work remotely, it may be necessary to travel to the Kigali o?ce at times.
About Ylabs’ Compensation
YLabs adheres to Project Fair’s principles and standards to establish equity in pay with the overriding principle of “equal pay for work of equal value” outlined in the Sustainable Development Goals. All salary ranges are based on level within the organization and are competitive to regional and national salary benchmarks, based on the respective o?ce location.
This is a two-year, ?xed term contract, with the opportunity for renewal beyond the initial term. The pay range for this position is RWF 24,500,000 - RWF 32,375,000 per year, commensurate with experience.
• Determine sta?ng plans and oversee the recruitment, hiring, onboarding and training of YLabs sta?
• Prepare employee records and personnel policies; provide oversight of professional review, sta? performance and training of sta? in e?ective supervision
• De?ne employee wellness initiatives and goals and lead the implementation of initiatives to track and support team wellbeing
• Oversee facilities management to foster a creative space and provide supplies and equipment to support our growing team
• Monitor time reporting and monthly expense reports for organization-wide spend
• Ensure that our business registrations and other business and tax compliance requirements are up-to-date
• Develop and manage the annual Rwandan operations and departmental budgets in partnership with the global operations and ?nance team
• Co-lead the development, adaptation and monitoring of policies to ensure they are properly implemented for the Rwanda o?ce
• Work with our legal counsel on legal or IP related matters pertinent to the Rwanda o?ce
• Support the development, negotiation, and review of contracts for contractors, funders, and partners
• A proactive, hands-on strategic thinker who will lead operations for our Rwanda o?ce, in partnership with the global operations leadership team and the Executive Director
• An adept and experienced problem solver who has a track record of success in global operations
• Excited to support junior sta?'s professional development and learning
• Aligned with YLabs’ internal values of operationalizing equity, committed to building trust and transparency, embracing new challenges, and prioritising sta? wellness and collective joy
• Able to handle sensitive and con?dential data with care, sensitivity and integrity
• Highly detail oriented and data-driven in your decision-making
• Excited by the opportunity to work in a highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary, diverse global team
• An e?cient prioritizer who can manage and e?ectively delegate multiple tasks and priorities
• Comfortable implementing and relaying complex business decisions with integrity (including but not limited to terminations and employee grievances)
• Able to e?ectively manage your own workload with clear goals and boundaries, and support others to achieve
• Curious and forward-looking with keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which allows for strategic data interpretation versus simple reporting
• 5-8 years of experience in similar roles, though we will consider those with less experience and the right skills
• Fluency in English
• Pro?ciency in the use of project management tools, MS O?ce, G Suite, KeyNote or similar and a strong general technological ?uency
• Experience working with a global organization
• Experience in managing recruitment and hiring processes
• Professional ?uency in a second language
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Job application procedure
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line: Senior Operations Manager - Rwanda. All your information will be kept con?dential according to EEO guidelines.
This posting will be open from May 14 to June 4. Once the application period closes, all applications will be reviewed by our Hiring Committee. YLabs recognizes the e?ort that goes into submitting an application; all candidates will be noti?ed of their application status once the hiring process begins.
All YLabs o?ers of employment are conditional on satisfactory background check and criminal record clearances.