POSITION: SECURITY OFFICER
Reporting to: SECURITY SUPERVISOR
LOCATION: RUBONA – RWAMAGANA, EASTERN PROVINCE
Mission Statement of Agahozo-Shalom Youth Village:
Through healing, education, and love, the Agahozo-Shalom Youth Village empowers
orphaned and vulnerable Rwandan youth to build lives of dignity and contribute to a better
Core Values : Our core values inspire all our work, focusing our staff on the best interests of the child and helping our students to create a community dedicated to building empowered and self-reliant lives. They are:
Commitment: Embrace the mission and go the extra-mile
Respect: Be considerate and mindful of others and the environment
Role model: Live and lead by example in a positive way
Interest of Child: Base every decision on how it impacts the child
Support: Help and encourage one another
Integrity: Always be honest with yourself and others and act accordingly
Learning Community: Seek and maximize opportunity for growth and development
The security officer at the ASYV will be in charge of the safety of the residents at the village, as well as visitors.
• Patrol the Village premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of
doors, windows, and gates.
• Record visitors movement (Entry and Exit) in the visitors book.
• Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, and other persons to guard
against theft and maintain security of premises.
• Answer telephone calls to take messages, answer questions, and provide information
during and after working hours.
• Responsible for operating walkie-talkie, or cell phone system to alert other guards of any
• As and when required by the Supervisor or/and Director of Operations & Procurement, the security officer will be required to check bags and packages and guests for potentially theft or dangerous objects or substances.
• Responding to emergency situations as they arise.
• Accurately reporting all incidents to the security supervisor.
• Preventing and detecting offences on site.
• Perform other professional activities as requested by her/his supervisor as and when
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
? Minimum O Level (Tronc commun)
? At least 3 years’ experience working as security guard
? Excellent, fast decision-making skills, and be able to work well under pressure.
? Knowledge of basic security and fire inspection procedures.
? Skill in both verbal and written communication. With a basic English level
? Work well with minimal supervision.
? Friendly and professional demeanor in dealing with all residents of the village,
? A strong affinity with the goals of ASYV, with an emphasis on helping children at risk
and creating an environment of parental wholeness.
? Willingness to work overtime and shifts and be on call.
? Willing to relocate to the Village understanding that workdays include evenings and
All applications are appreciated; however, please note that only selected candidates for an
interview will be contacted.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 23rd December 2020.