VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to create a fair world for everyone. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a fair world for everyone.
You will oversee the quality implementation of the 4year Twigire mu Mikino Rwanda Early Childhood and Care Education (TMR ECCE) Project complying with the donor (LEGO) requirements and VSO Volunteering for Development Approach while continuously adhering to strategic focus for planned inception, implementation, and approaches. You will manage a dedicated team of provincial coordinators responsible for the day to day implementation of the project, key stakeholders and partnership at provincial, district and sector levels. You will ensure that the projects implementation adhere to our safeguarding, duty of care, and fraud mitigation policies and processes.
Skills, qualifications and experience required
- A relevant degree or equivalent in Project Management, Education, social work, development studies with knowledge and experience of management of Child centered Education development project.
- Excellent understanding and significant experience of the project management.
- Substantial experience in coordinating and delivering complex Education development programmes and teams, preferably with experience of working with partners and donors.
- Experience of coaching and building the capacity of others to enhance quality delivery.
- Experience of financial management, including building a budget, monitoring, and managing expenditure. Previous experience of having compiled financial reports.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience of compiling donor reports.
- Experience and knowledge of the country of operation.
Practical experience gained within a volunteering/NGO context and working within an international team.
Strong representation and influencing skills to maintain excellent relations with partners, civil society platforms, internal and external stakeholders.
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
Ability to be open minded and respectful
Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
How to apply
Once you’re ready to apply, click on ‘make an application’ below to complete the online form.
Application closing date- 24 Feb 2021
Interview/Assessment date(s) – TBA
Start date- March 2021