Private Sector Development Manager
Jobs at:DevWorks International
Deadline of this Job:
14 January 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, January 04, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Private Sector Development Advisor
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Start date: Contingent upon award, anticipated May 2021
DevWorks International (DevWorks) is recruiting for a Private Sector Development Advisor for the anticipated USAID-funded Rwanda THRIVE Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) Activity. The project will work to (1) improve the capacity of national and district governments to plan for, monitor, and regulate water services; (2) expand, maintain, and professionalize rural water services; and (3) scale-up demand for and market-based solutions for household sanitation and hygiene. This is a 5-year project with an anticipated award size of $19-21 million.
The Private Sector Development Advisor will be responsible for private sector engagement (PSE) and the development of entrepreneurs in the WASH sector. This will include leading the development of public-private partnerships. S/he will provide technical expertise on private sector development issues, including analysis of the evolution of the WASH private sector, the opportunities for entrepreneurs, and the role of regulation and standardization. S/he will represent the activity on public-private sector issues at technical, policy, and strategic planning meetings, including meetings with collaborators and donors. This position is full time. .
Job Responsibilities: Not Specified
Job Skills: Not Specified
• An advanced degree in business, management, economics, finance, or related field is required.
• At least five (5) years of experience in the WASH private sector or experience providing technical assistance and capacity building to improve private sector performance in the WASH sector is required.
• Previous experience in private sector engagement in Rwanda is desired.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with and build consensus among private and public sector stakeholders.
• Experience working on donor-funded international development projects of similar scope, complexity, and size; experience with USAID-funded projects is desirable.
• Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills are highly desired.
• Fluency in Kinyarwanda and English.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] with “THRIVE Private Sector Development Advisor” in the subject line.