POST TITLE: Partnership Project Accountant (PPA)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 2 nd December 2020
DUTY STATION: Kigali, Rwanda
LENGTH OF CONTRACT: Open ended
START DATE:18 January 2021
ANNOUNCEMENT DATE: 19 th November 2020
Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA) is an international NGO, founded in Norway as the labour movement’s humanitarian solidarity organisation. NPA’s goal is centered on human worth and equal rights for all, and strives globally to promote the values of solidarity, unity, equality, human rights, and democracy. Norwegian People’s Aid in Rwanda supports civil society organisations and citizens to participate in and contribute to the formulation and implementation of national and local policymaking, planning, and governance.
NPA Rwanda is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Partnership Project Accountant (PPA). Reporting to the Finance Manager, the main purpose of the PPA role is to work alongside Finance and Programme staff in ensuring that NPA’s Partners comply with NPA policies and procedures as well as those of our Donors.
The main Duties & Responsibilities of the Position will include the following:
- To assess, analyse, develop, and/or improve Partner financial management practices and procedures.
- Provide guidance and assistance to NPA Partners on best practices relating to financial management and compliance.
- Conduct planned and regular joint monitoring visits of Partners.
- Assist Partners in preparation of financial reporting.
- Analyse Partner reports and provide necessary feedback.
- In conjunction with the Finance Manager and an External Audit Company, ensure Partner audits are conducted in a timely manner and appropriate action is taken to address any findings.
- Assist NPA Finance and Programme teams in the planning and preparation of NPA accounts and budget proposals.
- Represent NPA in Donor and/or Partner meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- At least 5 years’ experience and demonstrated success working in a finance positions in an international NGO or similar
- Previous experience in financial monitoring, compliance and capacity building of Partners.
- Experience in financial management and reporting.
- Experience in due diligence
- Experience working with auditors
- Strong financial skills, with the ability to inspire and build the competence of Partner staff
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player
- Strong presentation, facilitation, and communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and judgement skills and an ability to work autonomously.
- High level English language proficiency, both written and oral.
- Good IT skills and previous experience with accounting software, preferably Agresso or similar.
- A willingness and ability to regularly travel domestically in support of NPA objectives.
Interested persons should submit a 1 page covering application letter briefly describing how they meet the required qualifications and personal competences and an updated CV to:
The Finance Manager
Norwegian Peoples Aid (NPA) Rwanda
Either by email to [email protected] or to P.O. Box 2966, Rwanda Kigali
This is a local recruitment and the chosen candidate will be contracted by NPA Rwanda. Female candidates are in particular encouraged to apply
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.