Parent Engagement Advisor
Jobs at:Plan International Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
18 February 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, February 08, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters, and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national, and global levels using our reach, experience, and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. .
Plan International is seeking a Parent Engagement Advisor for an anticipated USAID-funded Education program in Rwanda. This program will support the result areas of the LEARN Project under the Homes and Communities Activity, with the purpose of improving literacy outcomes for all Rwandan children by the end of primary grade 3 (P3). The Parent Engagement Advisor will oversee all aspects of this project to improve the home literacy environment. The Parent Engagement Advisor will facilitate positive parenting and caregiver support to children’s emergent and early literacy at home. The Parent Engagement Advisor will also lead children’s access to high quality educational content and materials at home. The position is contingent upon the award of the project by the donor.
• Ensure technical quality of parent support, communications, and capacity building of small grant recipients.
• Contribute detailed and accurate technical deliverables and reports to fulfill USAID reporting requirements.
• Coordinate technical activities with the USAID Rwanda mission, partners, sub-recipients, government agencies, international and local NGOs, and community organizations.
• Ensure the timely and quality completion of program technical deliverables and reports in accordance with USAID guidelines.
• Supervise a team and oversee implementation of annual program work and plans.
• Liaise and coordinate with other related projects and activities ongoing in Rwanda including Plan’s ongoing programs.
• Support the development of annual work plans and contribute to development of performance monitoring plans. Work closely with other project technical experts on all project activities.
• Ensure Plan’s Child Protection Policy and Guidelines are adhered to during project implementation
• Master’s degree in education, social work, international development or a related field;
• Experience in management roles of USAID-funded grants and/or contracts
• At least 8 years of experience providing community mobilization direction and capacity building for improved educational outcomes.
• Experience in a team leadership, coordination or direct management role at high level
• Experience designing and leading capacity building strategies for CSOs and community-based organizations
• Experience in early grade reading or community literacy preferred
• Experience with Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) methodology preferred
• Experience with ICT interventions preferred
• Computer skills and mastery of Microsoft Office suite, especially Word and Excel
• Fluency in English required
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please c lick here