Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer
Jobs at:Pro-Femmes/Twese Hamwe (PFTH)
Deadline of this Job:
11 December 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 02, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Pro-Femmes/ Twese Hamwe (PFTH) is an Umbrella of Rwandan Civil Society Organizations aiming at the advancement of women's status, peace, and development. It was established in October 1992, and currently represents 53 member organizations within the country. The mission of Pro-Femmes/Twese Hamwe is to eradicate all forms of discrimination towards women, to promote their socio-economic-political and legal status, and to enhance the institutional and organizational capacities of its member organizations through the promotion of a sustainable human development approach based on gender equality and a culture of peace, justice, and human rights.
To achieve her mission of promoting the social-economic status of women and girls, in partnership with CARE International in Rwanda, PFTH is implementing the 5 years’ project (2020-2024) titled “Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment (GEWEP III)”. The overall goal of the project is: ’By 2025, 170,400 poor and vulnerable women and girls in 8 districts in the Southern Province of Rwanda are economically, politically and socially empowered and exercise their rights’.
PFTH will focus on the following outcome contributing to achieving the project goal: Outcome 1: Strengthened civil society working on women and girl’s empowerment and gender equality, including a strong women’s voice It is in this regard that PRO-FEMMES/TWESE HAMWE is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Officer Duty station: PFTH headquarters in Kigali
Type of the contract: One-year renewable based on staff performance
2. Job purpose statement
Under direct supervision of the Programs Manager, the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer will be responsible for the monitoring and ensuring high quality and timely inputs, and for ensuring that the program maintains its strategic vision and that its activities result in the achievement of its intended outputs in a cost-effective and timely manner. The M&E and Learning officer will also be responsible for designing and implementing the M&E activities of the Program. .
The Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Officer will have the following duties and responsibilities:
3.1. Contribute to program strategy development & implementation
• Managing and overseeing overall monitoring, evaluation, and learning for the program;
• Leading and managing program-level evaluation of higher-level outcomes and theories of change;
• Participate in the development, implementation, revision and communication of PFTH strategic plans (advocacy, policy development/review, development of master plans and budgets, etc), and annual operating plans;
• Develop and manage a monitoring, evaluation, and learning system across all project components that leverages qualitative and quantitative methods, and draws from a variety of data sources to measure progress and evaluate impact, as well as support collaboration, learning, and adaptation;
• Ensure an appropriate monitoring and evaluation (M&E) system is in place and is functioning satisfactorily, and periodically review and revise the system so that it is adapted appropriately to changing operating contexts.
• Ensure relevant and timely M&E information is provided in user-friendly formats to key stakeholders, including beneficiary communities, PFTH members, PFTH senior management and donors.
• Regularly conduct review of data collection processes, perform data quality assessments, and make adjustments as needed;
• Conduct regular visits to project sites, as possible, to provide technical assistance and ensure proper monitoring of program activities;
• Develop and strengthen monitoring, evaluation, and learning procedures;
• Recommend further improvement of the logical framework/Theory of change;
• Develop monitoring and impact indicator for the program success;
• Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of intended results and sustainability;
• Suggest strategies to the Project Management for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks;
• Report monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all program activities to the Program Manager;
• Conduct capacity assessment on existing monitoring and evaluation system and Develop indicators and a monitoring strategy for the program;
• Provide inputs, information, and statistics for quarterly, annual, and other reports to the Project Management team and the umbrella PFTH;
• Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist the Program Manager in preparing relevant reports;
• Support monitoring, evaluation, and learning of the effects and impact of the project;
• Ensure effective implementation of M&E/MIS;
• Assist the project personnel with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use. • Perform other duties as required;
• Contribute to data collection, storage, and analysis
3.2. Project implementation, M&E, learning, and reporting
• Providing input and advice on procurement of external MEL services if needed;
• Training other staff, and partners where required, on key MEL concepts, tools, and processes;
• Helping to identify, analyze, and synthesize lessons learned from program implementation and facilitate the incorporation of those lessons into the program development cycle.
3.3. Representing PFTH and participate in networks (relationship development)
• Act as a focal point to organize and manage monitoring reviews, evaluations, and/or After Action Reviews.
• To effectively represent PFTH to stakeholders & relevant networks at all times behaving according to high standards of professionalism and enhancing PFTH’s visibility.
• Be proactive in liaising with Donors & PFTH and keeping them fully informed of progress, and maintaining excellent relationships at all times
3.4. Additional general responsibilities
• Be proactive in ensuring that PFTH’s core values, code of conduct, and principles of gender equity and diversity are upheld throughout the area of responsibility and provide leadership to others ;
• Take responsibility for ensuring personal safety and security; giving due care and consideration to the impact of personal decisions on the safety and security of others;
• Take responsibility for personal performance, be accountable for own actions and decisions and be answerable for resulting consequences;
• Frequently brief and consult with the Project Manager to mitigate any risks associated with the project implementation;
4. Important relationships
Internal & External
• Collaboration with other project staff is required
• Liaise with other colleagues with similar position/responsibilities in other PFTH’s projects in order to stay aware of the latest developments in her/his area of work
• Maintaining strong links with project partners
• Coordinate with other stakeholders at national and local levels, in particular, members of JADF
Job Skills: Not Specified
Educational qualifications and required experience
• A minimum of Bachelor Degree in statistics, monitoring, and evaluation, economics, project management, Information Management system, or in any other relevant fields;
• Master’s Degree in project management, Monitoring, and Evaluation, statistics with a minimum of 2 years working experience.
• Demonstrated experience with conducting interviews, surveys, and focus groups discussions;
• Proficiency with software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and/or Access and familiarity with statistical software.
• At least 4 years of working experience in the design and implementation of M&E/MIS in development projects implemented by recognized national/international NGOs.
• Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis, and production of reports;
• Proven ICT skills, especially in the use of MIS software;
• Demonstrated experience in programs’ design, monitoring, evaluation, and learning.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in managing and analyzing data using Excel, SPSS, STATA, Open data tool kits.
• Strong training & facilitation skills.
• Strong experience and knowledge of civil society in Rwanda
• Experience in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with different stakeholders in gender equality and women’s empowerment, social
• Demonstrate integrity by modeling the PFTH values and ethical standards;
• Ability to perform specialized tasks related to Results-Based Management
• Excellent knowledge of gender equality and women empowerment
• Ability to contribute to team building and learning environment.
• In-depth knowledge on MIS, M&E, and development issues;
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral):
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should address their application enclosed with a cover letter, Curriculum vitae, academic documents, and other certificates to the Chairperson of PRO-FEMMES/TWESE HAMWE and delivered in a single PDF document to PRO-FEMMES/TWESE HAMWE’s e-mail “ [email protected] ” not later than 11th December, 2020 at 12:00 pm. PFTH is an equal opportunity employer and Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
PRO-FEMMES/TWESE HAMWE head office is located next to Gahanga Sector Offices, Kicukiro district, City of Kigali.
• The subject of the e-mail should be mentioned “Application for the position of MEL Officer”
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for a written test.