Scope of Work
Chemonics Soma Umenye LLC
Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (ME&L) Specialist (Short-Term)
Project: Rwanda Soma Umenye
Soma Umenye is a five-year USAID-funded activity that aims to improve reading outcomes in Kinyarwanda for at least 1 million children in public and government-aided schools in Rwanda. Covering all 30 districts of Rwanda and working in close collaboration with the Rwanda Education Board (REB) and the Rwandan Ministry of Education (MINEDUC), Soma Umenye will contribute to Rwanda’s Education Sector Strategic Plan (ESSP) and the Government of Rwanda’s national development priority of ensuring that Rwandan primary-grade students acquire the fundamental competency of literacy so that they can succeed in future schooling and, later, in the modern workplace.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Review the project contract and other background documentation such as the client’s strategic objectives, results framework, MEL plan, and country strategy to understand how the project helps to achieve the client’s goals.
- Ensure project staff in the field and home offices understand the importance of monitoring and evaluation and the use of information for learning purposes.
- Support the ME&L Advisor to ensure that M&E activities under contract are in accordance with USAID regulations, USAID Education technical requirements and meet reporting timelines as described in sections B, C, and F of the project contract.
- Support the ME&L Advisor to organize the collection of data in accordance with the MEL plan including the development of digital tools.
- Support the ME&L Advisor to ensure data quality and integrity by periodically conducting field visits (data quality assurance exercises) and spot checks to verify data and investigate any data anomalies.
- Identify and track reliable secondary (external) sources of data as needed.
- Support the ME&L Advisor to conduct periodic training for project staff, stakeholders, and/or partners. Share information to help them monitor the progress of their work and use the data for strategic decision-making.
Support the ME&L Advisor in maintaining the MEL system, periodically evaluating its effectiveness, and adjusting as necessary to provide the project with accurate and useful data.
- Support the ME&L Advisor to compile and analyze relevant data on project indicators for contractual reports.
- Provide as-requested MEL data to the client in a timely manner and ensure that all data are filed and warehoused effectively and ready for any report generation.
- Support the ME&L Advisor to regularly communicate progress against targets to project staff.
- Support project communications staff to disseminate lessons learned and best practices to internal and external stakeholders, as appropriate.
- Conduct other tasks as requested by supervisor or Chief of Party.
- A Bachelor’s degree in economic sciences, statistics, information management, education, social sciences or related field.
- At least five (5) years of experience in monitoring, evaluation and learning for development programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID reporting system and data quality requirements or experience working with another donor in an M&E capacity.
- Demonstrated knowledge of necessary computer, database management system, and analytical skills, particularly in issues related to monitoring and evaluation.
- Demonstrated experience with quantitative analytical software such as SPSS or STATA and advanced excel spreadsheet manipulation.
- Strong experience in digital data collection tool design and development using tools such as ODK, Survey CTO, KoboToolBox, CommCare, CSPro and SurveyMonkey.
- Demonstrated experience with qualitative software such as ATLAS.ti, WordStat.
- Must be familiar with USAID Education Strategy Technical Notes regarding monitoring and evaluation of Goal 1 activities.
- Experience tracking equity in learning outcomes among boys, girls, and children with special needs preferred.
- Demonstrated exemplary diplomatic, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Written and spoken proficiency in English.
Location of Assignment
T his is a short-term position. The location of the assignment is Kigali, Rwanda with intermittent travel throughout the country.
The ME&L Specialist will report directly to the ME&L Advisor or his/her designee.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th April, 2021