TechnoServe is a leader in harnessing the power of the private sector to help people lift themselves out of poverty. A nonprofit organization operating in 29 countries, we work with enterprising men and women in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. By linking people to information, capital and markets, we have helped millions to create lasting prosperity for their families and communities.
Founded over 50 years ago, TechnoServe has been named the #1 nonprofit for fighting poverty by the ImpactMatters charity ratings agency.
The Rwanda Ikawa Nziza Cyane (INC) project seeks to equip coffee washing stations (CWS), exporters, and government agencies with new tools, strategies, and policies to drive greater efficiencies and unlock new market opportunities in specialty coffee. Funded by the European Union in conjunction with Rwanda’s MINECOFIN, the Rwanda INC project will run for 4 years beginning in November, 2020. Some of the primary project components include (1) digital tools for CWS business management and farm extension monitoring; (2) new mechanisms for input financing and distribution (e.g., fertilizer, lime, new varieties); and (3) a strengthened coffee value chain through industry briefs, strategies, and proposed quality standards for uptake by government and exporters.
TechnoServe seeks a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to manage all aspects of monitoring and evaluation (M&E). The M&E Officer shall implement strategies designed to assure the quality of data collection, collation, entry, analysis and reporting through consistent application of the existing monitoring and evaluation Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and other guidelines.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for monitoring and evaluation program performance in accordance with the logical framework and reporting requirements.
- Receive, review, analyze, validate, enter/code and store various program data streams as submitted by field operations staff. Prepare and collate these into relevant formats for preparing reports and feedback for decision support.
- Share analyses and trends with program team members to help synchronize program decision-making processes with M&E results.
- Ensure M&E information is shared and flows transparently within the program team and to other organizational levels as appropriate.
- Work closely with the Program Manager and Regional MEL Advisor to help ensure that program work plans are on target to meet deliverables in a timely and effective manner.
- Contribute to TechnoServe’s understanding of the effectiveness of technical training packages.
- Qualifications at degree level in business management, economics, statistics, development studies or other relevant area of study.
- At least 3 years of experience with M&E methods and approaches, including designing, planning and implementing M&E systems, analyzing and reporting using a logical framework and other strategic planning approaches.
- Proven ability to work with various M&E methods and approaches.
- Experience working with agricultural programs.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills is a must.
- Ability to generate innovative solutions in work situations.
- Ability to manipulate data using quantitative software such as SPSS and STATA preferred.
- Fluency in both Kinyarwanda and English is required.
- Undertake visits to the field as necessary to enforce and validate data collection techniques and to identify where adaptations might be needed so as to ensure continuous quality of program data.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong planning skills and ability to work independently within agreed workplans and timelines and generate solutions to changing situations.
- Good communication skills that allow regular interface with a diverse team both in the field and in back room operations.
- Willingness to spend time working and travelling in project sites located in rural areas.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here Closing Date : 19th December, 2020.