Information Management Officer
Jobs at:International Committee of the Red Cross ( ICRC)
Deadline of this Job:
25 September 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, September 18, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Having its headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland, the ICRC is given its mandate by the Geneva Conventions to protect victims of international and internal armed conflicts. We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person for the below position based in Kigali under an initial contract of one-year renewable. .
• Works with the Information Management Adviser to set goals and priorities and determine the resources required (technical or relays) to achieve the objectives of the Information Environment Strategy; ensures that all related projects and programs are implemented, taking into account the specificities of different contexts.
• Ensures information flows are coherent and efficient, that institutional policies and procedures are updated and applied, and that users are properly briefed and trained.
• Manages and monitors collaborative tools and databases, including access, and ensures that information is updated in the reference tools
• Screens, prioritizes, dispatches, and follows up on requests, calls, and correspondence; independently manages and organizes internal and external events; represents the ICRC to high-level contacts and counterparts in the diplomatic corps.
• Is a member of a management or coordination team and participates in discussions, follows up on the implementation of decisions and strategies; flags issues and delays; produces and updates the timeline, schedule, and other tools.
• Independently initiates, drafts, edits, and finalizes correspondence, presentations, and other documents; prepares briefing files.
• Ensures that staff are briefed and/or trained on information management, written protocols and correspondence, rules on signatures and the protection, use and storage of office supplies, records management, archiving, and information-management tools; ensures staff comply with related rules and procedures
Job Skills: Not Specified
CERTIFICATION/EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• University degree in Communication/Business /Social sciences or equivalent certification or experience. Master’s degree is an added advantage.
• Excellent command of English and French
• Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite, SharePoint, and IBM Lotus Notes.
• Enterprise Content Management certification.
• Minimum five years’ experience providing executive support in an international organization or company.
• Experience coordinating a team.
• Experience in project management and follow-up.
• Good sense of analysis and methodical person; a sense of responsibility and organization;
• Rigorous, disciplined, precise, autonomous personality, and proactive person.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Please send your current CV (Resume) and application (motivation) letter to: [email protected] With the subject: Assistant & Information Management Officer Application. The application closing date is: 25th September 2020 05:00 PM. Please take note that any applications received after the above-mentioned deadline will not be considered and Only candidates who meet the criteria will be contacted.