Head of Product Management
Jobs at:One Acre Fund
Deadline of this Job:
30 November 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, November 24, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 7,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, our farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information. .
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our ~70-strong Tech team is in charge of delivering and operating a broad range of IT solutions to support our activity, including both internal developments and off-the-shelf enterprise solutions used by farmers and field or HQ staff.
This includes e.g. mobile apps for the field staff to manage farmer's orders and loans or track deliveries, BI solutions to analyze farmer yields, farmer-facing services through e.g. Whatsapp or USSD to manage their accounts, or back-office solutions to manage employees information and requests.
• Mentor a team of ~6 Product Managers, and report to the head of IT Solutions
• Product Vision: set the strategic directions of our solutions and manage their roadmaps
• Requirement Management: lead the functional and non-functional requirement gathering, clarification, and arbitration for new projects, prevent scope creep
• Project and Delivery Management: oversee the successful rollout of our new projects, in particular the planning and acceptance phases – overseeing user acceptance, conducting all project monitoring and control meetings, managing risks
• Stakeholder Management: nurture the relationship with our internal customers to understand their needs, keep them well informed, and manage their expectations
• Agile Product Owner: support the engineering teams during construction phases, in particular by you and your team acting as proxy product owners in their Agile process
• Contribute to our continuous improvement by refining our processes and promoting creative ideas
• 8+ years of experience in software project or product management, including 3+ years in a people management role
• Experience clarifying ambiguities, building agreement, and solving problems
• Comfortable with Agile Scrum
• Compassionate, supportive, and hands-on attitude
• A PMP certification or similar recognition is recommended
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here https://oneacrefund.org/work-with-us/job-openings/g/?gh_jid=2413177&gh_src=d78b8c3a1us