Head Credit Risk
Jobs at:Ecobank Rwanda Plc
Deadline of this Job:
26 February 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, February 15, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Ecobank Rwanda Plc is a full-service bank that joined the Rwandan market in 2007 with the aim of providing a broad range of products and Services to Consumer, Commercial, and Corporates business segments.
The bank’s vision is to build a world-class bank and contribute to the economic development and financial integration of Rwanda and the region by providing customers with convenient and reliable financial products and services.
Ecobank Rwanda Plc is an affiliate under Ecobank Group and operates in Central East and Southern African (CESA) region.
In order to respond to our growing market with the required human capital, we are currently looking for an experienced professional in the following area .
To provide leadership to the Credit Risk Management department and oversee the management of risks inherent in the credit process, loan documentation, and portfolio management. This job includes early warning signs and remedial management of nonperforming loans
• Effectiveness of the unit structure & systems (policies, processes, procedures & tools) in achieving compliance requirements, optimal efficiency, resource utilization, and cost containment.
• Quality of leadership experienced throughout the unit and how effectively that translates into a conducive work environment and employee satisfaction
• Quality of Credit Risk Management services (approvals, disbursements, reports, and remedial management) in supporting business goals
• Minimization of exposures and impacts of credit risks
• Safe custody and ease of retrieval of credit securities
• Adequacy of competence of self and staff to effectively perform the unit's tasks. • Successful application of risk-based pricing models
• Determination of portfolio staging and credit impairment charges in line with International Financial Reporting Standards, Central Bank Prudential Guidelines, and Ecobank Credit Policies
• Formulation and periodic review of the Bank’s credit risk appetite and credit risk management strategy
• Review and approve Target market and Target Market RAACs proposed by the business units;
• Liaison with the regulator and external auditors in all matters pertaining to the Bank’s credit portfolio
• Prepare and present quarterly credit portfolio performance reports to the Board Credit Committee;
• Ensure all policies of the Bank, as well as laws and regulations relating to the Bank’s lending activities, are observed;
• Remedial management
• University degree in business-related areas or equivalent
• Relevant professional qualifications (CPA; ACCA….) or a professional qualification in banking
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
• Minimum of seven years’ experience in credit risk management in the banking sector
• Five years’ experience in Senior Management
• Behavior skills and technical skills
• Provide leadership and capacity development for the Credit Risk Management department;
• Maintain productive working relationships with the line managers in the business development
• To demonstrate ability in quantitative analysis;
• Working knowledge of credit risk, lending, and collections;
• Thorough understanding of credit scoring validation techniques;
• Detailed oriented with an eye for precision;
• Prior to joining the position, the employee must have satisfactory evaluation marks and not blacklisted anywhere.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here https://www.jobinrwanda.com/apply-now?field_job=34941