Global FP&A Associate
Jobs at:One Acre Fund
Deadline of this Job:
20 February 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, our farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information. .
ABOUT THE ROLE
• The finance and strategy (FAS) team provides concise advice around how to deliver cost-effective impact across Africa. We are looking for someone to build and project manage our financial planning process across the organization. These are the important aspects of the job:
• Project Manage Long-Term Financial Strategy. We use long-term planning to chart a path to sustainable growth for our nine countries and $200m+ budget. You will lead the process and push for the right balance between impact ($ that a farmer earns), scale (# of farm families we serve), and sustainability ($ it costs us to serve a farmer).
• Build strong models and systems: You will be the technical lead in our reporting and budgeting processes. So you will have responsibility over improving our current tools and systems we use for all external reporting and internal planning.
• Standardize Countries' Financial Decisions. You will develop best practices and standardizations for diverse projects throughout the firm such as pricing, expansion, target setting, management structure, R&D trials. You will work through the FAS team to improve operational decisions.
• Lead financial reporting. You will lead the quarterly reporting process across the organization that we present to our board, our external parties, and our executive teams.
• Manage a small team: You will report to the global leader of FAS and you will be responsible for managing 1-2 analysts and contributing to their professional development.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
• 4 or more years of experience in financial Planning or strategy.
• Project management and financial modeling experienced required
• Executive-level written English level
• Bachelor's degree
• English required in all locations. Other notable and useful languages are Swahili, Kinyarwanda, French, Kirundi, Chichewa, and Amharic
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here https://oneacrefund.org/work-with-us/job-openings/g/?gh_jid=2619272&gh_src=125733c51us