Jobs at:Expertise France
Deadline of this Job:
09 October 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 06, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Rwanda Polytechnics has signed a financial agreement with the French Development Agency (AFD), for the implementation of a pilot project in the district of Rulindo. Expertise France, the French Agency for international technical expertise, has been asked to support the implementation of the project during the first 3 years.
The project consists in 3 components:
• Component 1: Reinforcement of the training offer in IPRC Tumba and TVET around the IPRC:
• Component 2: Reinforcement and development of schemes to foster professional integration and entrepreneurship in the district
• Component 3: Technical assistance to the project management and support to the various actors involved in the territorial scheme
During the inception phase of the project, Expertise France will support RP to finalize the design of the project and precisely define all activities to be implemented. To do so, Expertise will perform a diagnosis on every component, provide recommendations to Rwanda Polytechnics and all involved stakeholders, and develop all programming documents based on stakeholder’s feedback. Among the programming document, a Gender Action Plan will be drafted.
In order to fully take in account gender issues in the diagnosis and in the activities to be designed, Expertise France is recruiting a short term Gender specialist with significant experience in TVET. The Short Term Gender specialist will work in close collaboration with Expertise France Technical Assistance Team, under the supervisions of the Resident Technical Assistance. .
Tasks 1. Conduct a diagnosis in gender issues related to TVET an Employment in Rulindo:
• Identify main challenges faced by girls to access and complete TVET studies in Rulindo district, by performing a desk review, collecting existing datas, conducting interviews and potentially focus groups.
• Identify main challenges faced by girls graduated from TVET schools and IPRC in Rulindo to access jobs.
• Contribute to the diagnosis report in all aspects related to gender and provide specific recommendations to tackle identified challenges.
• Develop a specific Gender Diagnosis presentation (PowerPoint document) including recommendations.
Present the Gender diagnosis and recommendations to all involved stakeholders during the project co-construction workshop.
2. Develop a gender action plan:
• Contribute to the definition of the gender sensitive indicators to be followed during the project in collaboration the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist.
• Based on the outputs of the co-construction workshop, define the activities to be implemented during the project to answer gender challenges identified during the diagnosis.
• Draft a Gender Action Plan (GAP) highlighting gender-related activities to be implemented during the project, in line with the selected indicators
Job Skills: Not Specified
Required experience • Bachelor degree (or equivalent level diploma) in social science or similar field;
• Successful experience of at least 5 years in conducting studies in gender issues and/or in conducting activities related to gender issues;
• Experience in Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TEVT) in Rwanda.
Required skills • Excellent command of office equipment, especially Excel and Word;
• Excellent command of English (written and oral);
• Writing skills;
• Initiative, autonomy, and responsiveness;
• Adaptability ;
• Analysis and synthesis skills;
• Organizational skills and thoroughness;
• Communication, coordination, and teamwork skills;
• Ability in andragogy/capacity building;
• Interpersonal skills, sense of diplomacy.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Follow the link below to apply: https://www.jobinrwanda.com/apply-now?field_job=33163