Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment
Jobs at:Pro-femmes/twese Hamwe (Pfth)
Deadline of this Job:
27 October 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, October 19, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Pro-Femmes/ Twese Hamwe (PFTH) is an Umbrella of Rwandan Civil Society Organizations aiming at the advancement of women status, peace, and development. It was established in October 1992, and currently represents 53 member organizations within the country. The mission of Pro-Femmes/Twese Hamwe is to eradicate all forms of discrimination towards women, to promote their socio-economic-political and legal status, and to enhance the institutional and organizational capacities of its member organizations through the promotion of a sustainable human development approach based on gender equality and a culture of peace, justice, and human rights.
To achieve her mission of promoting the social-economic status of women and girls, in partnership with CARE International in Rwanda, PFTH is implementing the 5 years’ project (2020-2024) titled “Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment (GEWEP III)”. The overall goal of the project is: ’By 2025, 170,400 poor and vulnerable women and girls in 8 districts in the Southern Province of Rwanda are economically, politically and socially empowered and exercise their rights’.
PFTH will focus on the following outcome and outputs contributing to achieving the project goal:
Outcome 1: Strengthened civil society working on women and girl’s empowerment and gender equality, including a strong women’s voice
Output 1.1: Improved capacity (in leadership, strategic management, financial management, governance, service delivery, advocacy, sustainability, legitimacy, transparency, and accountability) of the national civil society platform umbrella and CSO members working on gender equality and women and girls’ empowerment
Output 1.2: Increased evidence-based advocacy conducted by CSOs working on gender equality and women and girls’ empowerment
Output 1.3: CSOs lobby to improve their enabling environment
Output 1.4: Improved women and girls’ voice and participation in decision-making processes by (local) government
It is in this regard that PRO-FEMMES/TWESE HAMWE is looking for 2 suitable female candidates to fill the positions of FIELD OFFICERS
Duty station: Southern Province (district to be determined)
Type of the contract: One-year, Renewable .
Under the supervision of the project officer, Field officers will be responsible for particular tasks related to the selection of project participants, implementation of field activities, monitoring, production of project’s reports/data, communication with stakeholders involved in the project in accordance with the existing project objectives. The major role of the Field Officers will be to establish strong coordination and linkages amongst all the major stakeholders in the field to ensure that program activities are implemented successfully.
3. Key responsibilities
• Contribute to program strategy development & implementation
To contribute towards the development of program strategies and tactical interventions and project plans, ensuring the commitment of all stakeholders and steady accomplishment of PFTH’s objectives:
• Ensure a coordinated and collaborative approach is undertaken among project partners at field-level /in implementing project interventions and achieving desired outcomes.
• Assist the field supervisor in organizing various workshops, training, and planning.
• Assist the field supervisor in ensuring field-based project staff receives relevant skills training and knowledge development required for effective and efficient project implementation.
Project Implementation, M&E, learning, and reporting
• Ensure effective, quality, and timely implementation of project activities in their area of responsibility in alignment with the project work plan and budget
• Execute Fieldwork plans and schedules;
• Organize field supporting & monitoring visits to ensure quality service delivered to project participants
• Prepare annual, quarterly, and monthly work plans and other plans as required, with assistance/inputs of other project staff and ensure timely submission to the field supervisor
• Ensure that the implementation of work plan is consistent with the envisaged outputs and objectives of the project document.
• Prepare and submit weekly, monthly and quarterly progress reports to the field supervisor in a timely fashion. Take assertive corrective action in case of problems or serious shortfalls in timelines, standards, or compliance; escalating to the supervisor in case of difficulty
• Maintain project assets used in good condition and against safety standards
• Representing PFTH and participate in networks (relationship development)
To represent PFTH to stakeholders & relevant networks; at all times behaving according to high standards of professionalism and enhancing PFTH’s visibility at the local level.
• Attend JADFs meetings and other important meetings in respective districts
• Promote Relationship development (representing PFTH and participate in relevant networks/forums)
• Facilitate the process of advocacy issues identification with social movement networks at the district level.
• Ensure that PFTH adequately engages with the local leadership structure, and that project information and all advocacy issues are communicated as necessary.
• Maintain close coordination/linkages with targeted local authorities, community structures, relevant stakeholders within the project area and keep them fully informed of the project activities.
Additional general responsibilities
• Be proactive in ensuring that PFTH’s core values, code of conduct, and principles of gender equity and diversity are upheld throughout the area of responsibility and provide leadership to others
• Take responsibility for ensuring personal safety and security; giving due care and consideration to the impact of personal decisions on the safety and security of others
• Take responsibility for personal performance, be accountable for own actions and decisions and be answerable for resulting consequences
• Frequently brief and consult with the field supervisor to mitigate any risks associated with the project implementation
• Carry out other duties as requested by the supervisor
• Provide additional support to the Project Management team as required.
4. Important relationships
• Collaboration with other project staff is required
• Liaise with other colleagues with similar position/responsibilities in other PFTH’s projects in order to stay aware of the latest developments in her/his area of work
• Maintain strong links with other colleagues in general services/operations departments, in the project area, and elsewhere
• Maintaining strong links with project partners
• Coordinate with other stakeholders at local levels, in particular, members of JADF
• Representation in local or provincial forums as appropriate: TWGs and JADFs
5. Requirements for the role
Job Skills: Not Specified
Bachelor’s degree or advanced diploma in Development Studies, Gender Studies, Community Development, Social Sciences, or other related fields.
• At least 2 years of progressive experience in project management specifically in women empowerment programs
• Demonstrated experience working with civil society organizations, multi-donor agencies, and or developmental partners
• Good knowledge of civil society in Rwanda
• Experience in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with different stakeholders in gender equality and women’s empowerment, social movements/networks, donors and government counterparts.
• Having a basic understanding of the project management cycle
• Fluent communication (verbal & written) skills in English/French, as well as Kinyarwanda, required
• Having a successful record of working with local authorities and community groups in a multi-stakeholder environment
• Strong report writing skills
• Able to think creatively and to innovate
• Able to share learnings, experience, and best practices
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Excel and Word is absolutely essential
• Good planning, organizing, and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated self-awareness, leadership, and interpersonal skills
• Having driving license category A
• Ability to inspire and develop Others
• Demonstrated capacity to facilitate change and focus on the impact
• Demonstrate integrity by modeling the PFTH values and ethical standards;
• Ability to perform specialized tasks related to Results-Based Management
• Excellent knowledge of gender equality and women empowerment
• Ability to contribute to team building and learning environment.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should address their application enclosed with a cover letter, Curriculum vitae, academic documents, copy of driving license, and other certificates to the Chairperson of PRO-FEMMES/TWESE HAMWE and delivered in a single PDF document to PRO-FEMMES/TWESE HAMWE’s e-mail “ [email protected] ” not later than 27th October 2020 at 4:00 pm.
PFTH is an equal opportunity employer, but for this position only female candidates are eligible to apply.
PRO-FEMMES/TWESE HAMWE head office is located next to Gahanga Sector Offices, Kicukiro district, City of Kigali.
• The subject of the e-mail should be mentioned “Application for the position of FIELD OFFICERS”
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for a written test.
Done on 16th October 2020
Emma Marie Bugingo