Gender and Inclusion Specialist
Jobs at:Plan International Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
18 February 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, February 08, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters, and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national, and global levels using our reach, experience, and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. .
Plan is seeking applicants for a Gender and Inclusion Specialist for and anticipated USAID-funded education program in Rwanda. This program will support the result areas of the LEARN Project under the Homes and Communities Activity, with the purpose of improving literacy outcomes for all Rwandan children by the end of primary grade 3 (P3). The Gender and Inclusion Specialist is responsible for ensuring that all program activities and initiatives align with Plan’s gender transformative policies and approach and prioritize the meaningful inclusion of girls, women, people with disabilities and ethnic minorities. This position is contingent upon award of the project by the donor.
• Provide state-of-the-art guidance in the gender-informed design, development, and implementation of activities that lead to gender-transformative change, change that is captured by gender-sensitive project indicators, sex- and age-disaggregated data, and in data-gathering and analysis modalities.
• Design gender-sensitive activities in conjunction with local government officials, businesses, and community role models, leaders, and gender champions that address the gendered needs of young people and promote their engagement and inclusion in a community’s economic, social, and civic spheres as productive, vocal, and valued community members.
• Ensure that all teaching and learning materials reflect gender transformative and inclusion principles
• Train and advise project and partner staff, as well as key Ministry counterparts, in gender transformative programming and best practices in inclusion.
Key Qualifications and Skills
• A minimum of five (5) years of experience in gender issues as they relate to education, parent and community engagement, and local partner capacity building.
• Bachelor’s degree in International Development, sociology, ethnology, anthropology, education or other relevant degree in social science.
• Work experience in effective development and execution of gender and inclusion trainings and other capacity development endeavors.
• Work experience on USAID projects is strongly preferred.
• Work experience in Rwanda highly required.
• Excellent English oral and written communication skills are essential.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here