Jobs at:Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA)
Deadline of this Job:
07 May 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, April 23, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Post Title Gender Adviser
Deadline For Applications 12 Pm 07/05/2021
Duty Station Kigali, Rwanda
Length Of Contract Open Ended
Start Date June 2021
Announcement Date 23 April 2021
Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA) is an international NGO, founded in Norway as the labour movement’s humanitarian solidarity organisation. NPA’s goal is centered on human worth and equal rights for all, and strives globally to promote the values of solidarity, unity, equality, human rights and democracy.
Norwegian People’s Aid in Rwanda supports civil society organisations and citizens to participate in and contribute to the formulation and implementation of national and local policymaking, planning and governance. .
Due to an ongoing staffing restructure, NPA Rwanda is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Gender Adviser.
The Main Duties & Responsibilities of the Position include:
• Through Partners, strengthen women’s participation at the community level, ensuring women take a more active role in all NPA funded activities.
• Quality assure all Programme activities through a gender sensitive lens ensuring implementation frameworks are gender compliant and advice, guidance and support is provided to Partners where necessary.
• Provide technical expertise as required to relevant Partners on strategies for gender mainstreaming, including expanding the capacities of Partners for gender analysis and designing gender-sensitive policies and programmes.
• Conducting an annual organisational level audit of NPA partners on gender related issues and values to gauge progress against previously set Gender benchmarks within existing policies and ensure best practice is adopted and capacities improved.
• Support Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) across the Programme, ensuring Partners’ programme quality improves in terms of gender related activities.
• Facilitate capacity building training/workshops for NPA and Partner staff on gender related topics.
• Any other delegated duties as required.
• Relevant higher education at a minimum Bachelor’s degree level.
• Excellent English language written and verbal communication skills.
• Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
• A strong customer based focus.
• Ability to work under pressure and flexibly to manage changing priorities.
• At least five years’ relevant experience working on Gender related issues and a track record of success in an international NGO or non-profit organization.
• Previous experience working within the civil society sector.
• Demonstrated success in project designing, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting
• Strong presentation skills and confidence when dealing with all stakeholders.
• Experience in fundraising and donor relations and compliance.
• A “can do” attitude
• Excellent interpersonal skills as a team player.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested persons should submit a 1 page covering application letter briefly describing how they meet the required qualifications and professional qualities and an updated CV to:
The Country Director
Norwegian Peoples Aid (NPA) Rwanda
Tel: +250 252 580530
By email to [email protected] or to P.O. Box 2966, Rwanda Kigali
This is a local recruitment and the chosen candidate will be contracted by NPA Rwanda. Female candidates are in particular encouraged to apply
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.