Fundraising and Communications Consultant
Jobs at:Girl Effect
Deadline of this Job:
18 October 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, October 12, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Started by the Nike Foundation, we are experts in media, mobile, brand, and international development; a unique mix of skills that we use to solve global problems in a different way. We work across the world in places where girls are marginalized and vulnerable. We create youth brands and mobile platforms for young people in ways that they love and interact with. We deliver these through the media and mobile tech that we use every day – from apps that build skills to TV dramas they explore virtual issues, to magazines written by girls. .
The consultant will be required:
To be part of the Partnerships and Development team and will work very closely with the Country Director and the Deputy Country Director to ensure that the right fundraising opportunities are sought in Rwanda, at the regional level as well as internationally. To represent Girl Effect externally in high-level meetings aimed at raising funds, negotiations, etc.. ensuring Girl Effect work is understood and is aligned to potential funders programmers. The consultant shall;
• Review and execute the Girl Effect fundraising strategy and set KPI to ensure delivery of set objectives.
• Maintain and grow/develop new funding relationships to advance the goals of Girl Effect and its media platform, Ni Nyampinga.
• Lead on proposal writing and grant management which will include negotiating the final programme model and terms with partners and managing concept/proposal development as needed as per signed donor proposals or grants.
• Manage and chair the Peer to Peer Fund mob group to ensure a strategic and coordinated approach to Girl Effect’s representation and strategy.
• Evolve and manage Girl Effect/Ni Nyampinga’s reputation to maximize on opportunities to showcase the work and the impact.
• Oversee the strategy and implementation of Girl Effect’s communications with donors and partner organizations including press, events, speaker platforms, use of twitter, roundtables, meetings, direct communications, etc.
• Oversee the shaping and delivery of formal and creative events that showcase our work and also high-level visits including local and foreign dignitaries, donors, and international press.
• Oversee internal communications within Girl Effect Rwanda and with Girl Effect London to keep the organization informed on relevant news and developments coming out of Rwanda.
• Create collaterals include standard decks, briefs, capability statements, etc that Girl Effect staff can use in external meetings and as leave-behinds.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Skills and Experience
• An excellent writer with outstanding communication and outreach skills: a strong presenter who can achieve high-level buy-in and rally partners for support.
• A deep understanding of the donor, development sector within Rwanda and the region, and experience of corporate communications.
• Minimum of 7 years experience of raising and managing donor and partner funds
• Experience facilitating and drafting funding strategies, and writing proposals
• Experience setting up Gantt charts, and other similar processes and systems.
• Experience producing pitch decks and designing partnership lifecycles for multinationals and international development organizations.
• Experience of mapping the partnership potential in-country – identifying both potential revenue streams, as well as, partners who will deliver impact against the target audience.
• Proven ability to work to, and deliver against, key timelines and deadlines through prioritization.
• A collaborative team player able to work effectively in multicultural teams with varying expertise, skills, and backgrounds.
• A self-starter, dynamic with a high level of critical analysis and thinking skills, and passionate about the work of Girl Effect.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested individuals should provide their expression of interest outlining how their experience fits the ToR, a detailed CV, and a quotation for a monthly rate to [email protected] with “Fundraising and Communications Consultant” in the email subject heading by 18th October 2020. You may be required to undertake safeguarding checks. Shortlisted candidates will be assessed on our organizational values at the interview stage. The successful candidate will be expected to adhere to our safeguarding policy, the executive summary of which can be found at https://www.girleffect.org/safeguarding/ . We have zero-tolerance for all forms of violence against children, beneficiaries, and staff.