Jobs at:Oxfam Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
14 December 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, December 08, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty. We are an international confederation of 19 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development, and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
Oxfam in Rwanda was physically established in the 1980s, although prior to that in the 1960s, Oxfam was engaged in delivering the humanitarian response, water and sanitation, conflict management, and sustainable livelihoods by funding project work of partner organizations in the country. Oxfam overall vision is just Rwanda without poverty. .
Location: The job holder shall be based at the Country Office currently in Kigali but should be flexible to work with Support Implementing Partners in all Oxfam’s operating areas
Duration: One year ( Non-renewable)
Level: National D2
The post holder will be responsible of ensuring accurate, timely, and reliable financial information provided to Rwanda Country programme, through efficient management of the financial information; undertake specific tasks in support of the finance function of the programme. Work closely with Program Accountant in the budgeting and budget monitoring processes, ensuring cost-effectiveness in the accounting processes in the programme, also assisting in the management of finance by providing cover in absence of the Program Accountant.
Job Skills: Not Specified
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND KNOWLEDGE
• 3 years of accounting experience preferably in an NGO
• First Degree and recognized accounting qualification
• Knowledge and understanding of project budgeting, monitoring and reporting
• Knowledge and experience of computerized accounting systems
• Demonstrable numeracy and computer skills
• Effective time management
• Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and show initiative
• Result Oriented.
• Analytical thinking and critical thinking.
• Supporting others and team spirit.
• Good communication skills and information sharing.
• Ability to travel from time to time.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile with contact details (phone and email address) of your most recent line manager as part of your referees to: https://bit.ly/2VJbISY
The closing date for this vacancy is 14th December 2020