Environmental and Social Safeguards Specialist
Jobs at:HR Management Services Ltd (HRMS Ltd)
Deadline of this Job:
31 December 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, December 21, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Environmental and Social Safeguards Specialist to be hired for the Special Project Implementation Unit will be responsible for developing, coordinating and overseeing environmental and social policies and procedures, as well as reviewing and appraising proposed investments/project activities for compliance with the national environmental and social requirements as well as the World Bank’s environmental and social safeguards policies.
S/he will work with SPIU project teams and clients on the implementation of the Project . S/he will formulate recommendations and requirements for client action and will also monitor the environmental and social performance of operations in the SPIU funded portfolio. .
Duties and responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities shall include but not limited to:
• Work with other departments within BRD to ensure that appropriate resources and capacity are deployed to effectively cover the safeguards policies of projects in preparation and implementation of the projects under the SPIU portfolio;
• Support the design and implementation of operations, ensuring that the financed projects and other activities are socially and environmentally sustainable, and comply with BRD and the World Bank’s social and environmental safeguards policies and good international industry practices (GIIP);
• Undertake screening and due diligence of all projects proposed for financing under the SPIU portfolio to determine scope and severity of risks and impacts as well as the level of environmental and social analysis, including mitigation measures needed;
• During all phases of the sub-project continuously identify significant potential social and environmental impacts and risks of a subproject or investment ;
• Degree in Environmental engineering, Environmental management, Environmental sciences, Social Development or related field.
• A masters’ degree will be an added advantage.
Experience and skills
• Experience and skills shall include but not limited to:
• At least 5 years of relevant experience S&E management.
• Familiarity with World Bank Environmental and Social Safeguards Policies will be an added advantage.
• Analytical and design skills,
• Ability to work independently, to develop and present sound technical information skills.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here https://www.jobinrwanda.com/apply-now?field_job=34244