Jobs at:Pact Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
29 March 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, March 23, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Pact seeks Data Clerks/Enumerators for the ACHIEVE Rwanda program. ACHIEVE is a five-year, USAID-funded global cooperative agreement with the dual objectives of attaining and sustaining HIV epidemic control among at-risk and hard to reach pregnant and breastfeeding (PBF) women, infants, children, and youth, as well as to mitigate the impact of HIV/ AIDS and prevent HIV transmission among these populations; and supporting the transition of prime funding and implementation to capable local partners in order to meet the PEPFAR goal of 70% of funding to local partners. The aim of ACHIEVE Rwanda is to prevent new HIV infections and reduce vulnerability among orphans and vulnerable children (OVC), and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) in selected high burden districts in Rwanda. The strategic objectives support the Government of Rwanda strategies and priorities for HIV mitigation and prevention, with an emphasis on minimizing negative impacts of HIV on OVC and AGYW; addressing social, behavioral, and structural drivers of HIV, and improving access to comprehensive SRH and violence response services to prevent new infections. The project supports OVC services in two districts and DREAMS activities in two districts. The project also provides capacity development to two local implementing partners to coordinate and support OVC and DREAMS service delivery programming and for USAID and PEPFAR project implementation .
The Data Clerk will support ACHIEVE project to enter/update data about supported beneficiaries filled on the household enrolment forms in the project’s information management system, conducting a risk and vulnerability assessment for all beneficiaries receiving OVC comprehensive services, and supporting
Case management volunteers to complete beneficiary care plans. These activities will be conducted in Kayonza and Huye Districts.
• To participate in a one-day pre-assessment training and orientation workshop;
• To capture/enter/update beneficiary enrolment data into the project’s database system;
• To book appointments with the case management volunteers (CMVs) and project beneficiaries who will participate in the assessment;
• To administer a risk and vulnerability assessment questionnaire to ACHIEVE beneficiaries receiving OVC comprehensive services;
• To guide and support CMVs to complete a beneficiary care plan;
• Ensure that all ACHIEVE enrolled beneficiaries are assessed based on daily performance targets assigned by the supervisor;
• Collect data of high quality and ensure that it is transmitted to the server. Data quality checks will be conducted and feedback provided to the Data Clerk on a daily basis for updates/corrections;
• To ensure the safety and security of all the assessment tools and equipment (forms, tablets, and related accessories) during the assessment;
• To provide daily progress reports and field experience including issues that need immediate attention to the supervisor;
• To respect the beneficiaries’ safety and rights in accordance with but not limited to consent, privacy, confidentiality of information during and after the assessment. A child safeguarding policy will be signed before the assessment;
• To collect timesheets for all case management volunteers who the Data Clerk will work with during the assessment;
Produce a detailed report at the end of the data collection assignment using a template that will be provided by the supervisor
• Certification in M&E and Data Quality;
• Having worked on an HIV/AIDS program preferably on a USAID funded project;
• Experience in administering mobile-based data collection applications such as DHIS2 and KoboCollect;
• Working knowledge of orphans and vulnerable programming is a plus;
• Local candidates preferred.
• Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
• Bachelor’s Degree in statistics, demography, data science, management, or related field;
• Demonstrated experience in mobile based data collection;
• Strong facilitation, teaching, and coaching skills;
Ability to work independently, to perform and prioritize multiple tasks, high attention to detail
Work Hours: 8 36 Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All applications with a motivation letter and CV shall be sent to: [email protected] not later than 29 March 2021 mentioning the position title as a subject to the e-mail.