Community Engagement & Peace Building Officer
Jobs at:American Refugee Committee
Deadline of this Job:
20th October 2019
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, October 11, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Re Advertised; VACANCY – Community Engagement & Peace Building Officer
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Community Engagement & Peace Building Officer is responsible for leading and promoting full participation of ETM residents in all center activities including persons with specific needs. The incumbent will work with protection staff to identify protection concerns from Persons of concerns, collaborate and build relationships with volunteers, local community partners and service providers to conduct community engagement meetings, campaigns, and outreach—to address the identified needs. In addition, s/he ensures healing and peace, building initiatives are effectively implemented. .
• Lead and promote the full participation of ETM residents in all center activities including persons with specific needs;
• Engage refugees and asylum seekers and share information through outreach, meetings, campaigns.
• Develop communication strategies and work with protection staff and community members to develop and test appropriate communication materials;
• Assess and document risky behaviors among Center residents to determine people-centered solutions
• Coordinate activities with all stakeholders to build strong working relationships with community members, government authorities, UNHCR and other NGOs;
• Inspire and promote community-based protection mechanisms and leadership among the ET center residents and provide for capacity strengthening for leadership structures.
• Coordinate with partners to mainstream peacebuilding into other sectors
• Roll out the empowering children as peacebuilders (ECaP) mode
• Language ability in English required
• Experience in training
• Experience in community mobilization
• Comfort in living and working in refugee settlement, including daily work;
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social science, Social work, Education or any other related fields
• minimum of five years of experiences in community engagement and peacebuilding preferably in emergency context;
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Social science
Job Experience Requirements: five years
Job application procedure
Interested and qualifying candidates should submit applications – to include 1 page Cover Letter, an updated CV (max. 3 pages), and three names (plus titles & contacts) of relevant professional referees – to the following email address only – with the position applied for CLEARLY indicated: RWJobs@arcrelief.org
Only applications received through the above indicated dedicated email address will be considered. The deadline for submission of applications is October 20th, 2019 at 12:00hrs. However due to urgency to fill this position, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and a decision will be taken before the indicated deadline once suitable candidates are available. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
American Refugee Committee is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. American Refugee Committee complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.