The Collection Agent will carry out the company’s Loan Management System’s data entry processes and be responsible for managing their assigned portfolio of Rent to Own (RTO) contract loans within the system. Our customers are commercial motor-taxi drivers operating on slim margins and generally take home little money after a long and hard day of work. The Collection Agent will act as a liaison between Ampersand and customers to collect debts and resolve outstanding balances in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures. Their responsibilities include developing payment plans, communicating with debtors in order to begin and manage the recovery process, and negotiating debt payments. They may also be required to negotiate payment settlements on recoverable debt.
As a young and fast-moving company, we need someone who is both comfortable meeting challenges head-on today and creating new systems and processes for the future, building up the AmperFam to be the best team on the planet.
Ampersand is committed to gender equality in the workplace. They have so far more than doubled their female representation in their workforce over the past 10 months, and continuing this growth remains a key goal for the company.
With this in mind, Ampersand strongly encourages female applicants to apply.
- Maintain records of Repayments and Collection efforts on RTO contracts in the company’s Loan Management System.
- Identify late payment issues and follow up proactively with customers on late payments.
- Developing and implementing debt collection strategies and plans for delinquent accounts with Accounting, Operations and the CFO.
- Adhering to Ampersand’s policies, procedures and Code of Conduct throughout the debt collection process.
- Contacting and communicating with debtors by telephone, SMS and in-person to enact and negotiate debt recovery.
- Manage approved exceptions to late payment fees and repayment schedules in the company’s Loan Management System.
- Preventing repeated payment delinquency by negotiating manageable debt payments.
- Initiating procedures with Operations to recover bikes from delinquent debtors.
- Keeping hard copy and electronic records of all communications, payment plans agreed to, and amounts paid.
- Other projects and assignments as needed and requested by the CFO.
- A strong work ethic, and the ability to manage shifting priorities and unforeseen challenges.
Sound interpersonal skills; ability to relate with customers and team members at all levels of the company
Humility / Flexibility. This is a start-up company with a fast-paced environment. Job duties may evolve quickly.
- Strong academic record: minimum High School Certificate + 2 years of Tertiary Education (Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma) or two years of relevant work experience.
Exceptional ability to communicate with customers; Strong communication skills, verbally and in writing.
Ability to collaborate on debt collection efforts with other departments.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and time management skills
- Proficient in MS Excel, and good MS Office skills in general (e.g., Word and Powerpoint)
- Professional fluency in Kinyarwanda, and English. Swahili would also be preferred.
- Familiarity with accounting for Loans and Repayment schedules will be advantageous.
- Previous debt collection experience and using Loan Management and/or accounting
- Experience with Loan Management systems will be advantageous.
- Women especially encouraged to apply.
- You have meticulous attention to detail.
- You are self-motivated and a quick learner.
- You have a strong sense of integrity and fairness.
- You enjoy having a focus on the customer and care deeply about the impact we make on their lives.
- You are looking for an entrepreneurial company that values innovation and strong execution.
- You value diversity and community in the workplace.
If interested, please click here . Alternatively, you can copy and paste this link your browser to apply for the job: https://jobs.shortli.st/3p1CDa7