– Provides technical assistance, mentoring, advice to the engineers of the districts One Stop Centre and other technical units in the 6 Districts responsible for project implementation, to ensure compliance with project drawings and specifications;
– Support district engineers in the technical reviews of subprojects designs, Bill of quantities (BOQ), etc. – Performs inspections and documentation of all civil work in progress on a continuing basis;
– Problem resolution and inspection of field installations;
– Work with engineers of the districts to coordinate work schedule to stay ahead of construction and the schedule;
– Executes field take offs from Issued For Construction drawings, provides input to the quantity tracking applications and reports weekly installed quantities to Project Controls.
– Work with Procurement’s expediting team to ensure the delivery of vendor materials to support the projects schedule;
– Manage the material testing lab to support construction schedule.
– Proven experience in capacity development, on job training and program design and implementation in the area of civil works;
– Demonstrated knowledge and skills in national implementation on general project management, planning, procurement, contract management, construction supervision, monitoring, evaluation and reporting;
– Familiar with world bank project and procedures is an added value;
– Knowledge of multi – discipline construction operation and supervisory functions relating to field activities.
– Good communication skills required. Fluency in English is required, French and Kinyarwanda knowledge of all is an advantage. Ability to formulate a working relationship with other departments and contractors.
How to Apply