Child Protection Senior Specialist
Jobs at:Save the Children
Deadline of this Job:
11 December 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, November 30, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
This position is on Child Safeguarding- Level 3: The post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs. Or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff. .
About the Role:
The Child Protection Senior Specialist is an important member of the PDQ team for the Rwanda and Burundi Country Office. Under the general direction and guidance of the Programme Development and Quality Manager, the Child Protection Senior Specialist will ensure that all child protection interventions are of a high technical quality and attract significant donor funding which contribute to Save the Children’s strategic objectives; that monitoring processes are in place, and that programme quality and relevance is continually assessed and solutions quickly put in place to reflect changing contexts. This specialist has an important role advising the National Commission for Children and will spend significant time working directly with this office, including possibly being based on a part-time, short-term basis.
Senior Child Protection Specialist is expected to help build a high performing Child Protection team, conducting training and providing technical advice and support to project staff, with frequent visits to the field to support high quality programme implementation and ensure programming objectives are successfully achieved. This position is expected to support impact and change, particularly in coordinating relationships with relevant ministries and coordination platforms. This position is responsible for identifying and pursuing, with guidance from the Country Office Senior Management Team, new/relevant CP opportunities and supporting the development of all new funding opportunities in CP. This individual will also be responsible for reviewing all CP donor and member reporting and ensuring quality of reporting.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications and experience
• A Child Protection professional with a Master’s degree in child protection, governance, law, social work or relevant field, or equivalent management experience;
• Significant professional experience of at least 7 years, including experience working at a senior management or technical level in CRG for NGOs
• Excellent understanding of the CP sector, particularly issues related to child labour, violence against children, monitoring and reporting child rights
• Clear understanding of the intersection of CP with other thematic areas
• Proven representation skills.
• Strong commitment to capacity building of national staff and partners with willingness to adopt participatory and consultative approaches.
• Experience writing donor funding proposals
• Ability to compile narrative sections and thematic budgets for proposals; ability to edit/write narrative reports, with reference to financial reporting
• Highly developed oral and written communication skills including influencing, negotiation, and coaching
• Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind-sets.
• Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner.
• Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda, verbal and written, required. French strongly desired.
• Commitment to Save the Children values, including willingness to abide by and enforce the Child Safeguarding policy
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here https://www.jobinrwanda.com/sites/default/files/job%20details%20files/JD%20-%20CP%20Specialist12790c93974eb3d7b67ac438036e26d5.docx