Branch Accounts Officer
Deadline of this Job:
03 June 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, May 26, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
• Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
• Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
Major Duties and Responsibilities of Branch Accounts Officer:
• To record the cash of all programs in the daily collection registers and preserve in the file by preparing necessary voucher with sign.
• To prepare the list of expected cash collection and disbursement every morning by discussing with the branch manager and local head of related programs and then withdraw necessary cash from bank.
• Make sure that there is no excess cash in hand or bank and dispatch excess funds to the Country office.
• To ensure all collections made are deposited in the office fund.
• To ensure that the loan is being disbursed to the real loan at the presence of the local supervisor of related program while disbursing loans.
• To reimburse bills after verifying the authenticity of the transaction with the approval of Supervisor of all programs
• To calculate the total of daily collections register and compare it with the cash ledger at the end of the day.
• Recording the daily loan disbursement, collection & savings including all other cash transactions and report as required by the program authorities.
• Deposit the surplus amount in the bank at the end of each day.
• Complete daily activities in time and maintain files properly.
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies:
• Effective communication skills.
• Writing and reporting skills in English
• Computer skills.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting / Finance or related discipline from a recognized institution.
Experiences of working as Accountant in any Microfinance/financial Institution will be given preference.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you feel you are the right match for the above mentioned positions, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
Candidates need to send a signed Cover letter in PDF format indicating the title of position applied for, updated CV mentioning educational grades, years of experience, and copies of academic qualifications. All those documents should be sent through email: [email protected] ,
NB. The subject should be the position you have applied for.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be called for interview.
Application deadline: 3rd June 2021