Accounts Receivable Associate
Jobs at:African Leadership University Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
15 January 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, January 04, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
From the start, we’ve been on a mission to bring the “university of the future” to the world — a place where students declare missions not majors, where real-world experience takes precedence over theoretical classroom lectures, and where learning how to learn has replaced learning facts and figures. Today, ALU is on its way to helping unleash the human potential of a new generation of ethical and entrepreneurial leaders — and in the process, unlock a new era of prosperity and opportunity for Africa and beyond unlike the world has ever seen.
Our mission is not going unnoticed. CNN described ALU — which has campuses in Mauritius and Rwanda — as “The Harvard of Africa;” Fast Company ranked ALU one of the 50 most innovative organisations in the world and the most innovative endeavour in Africa; and The New York Times recognised ALU as one of the eight places in the world “where history is being made.” .
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be working in a mission-driven environment, with passionate and interesting people. You will have opportunities for both personal and professional growth, and to work outside of your roles on other projects you are passionate about. ALU team members work hard but have a lot of flexibility and a great working environment. Other duties you will perform in this role include:
• Develop and improve an AR process which is scalable, multi-locations and multi revenue streams.
• Ensure invoicing, credit note and rebate payments to students is complete, accurate and processed on time.
• Daily banking and allocations of student receipts.
• Maintain and manage unallocated receipts, making sure they are cleared on a timely basis.
• Manage advances, deposits and deferred revenue, ensuring they are released in line with IFRS.
• Manage scholarships and financial aid disbursements to students.
• Maintain excellent working relations with sponsors and corporate clients and ensure contracts are in place and adhered to.
• Investigate discrepancies and resolve any accounts receivables related queries.
• Manage/monitor receivable ledger and debt collection to minimise overall account receivables outstanding debt.
• Send regular statements of account to students and follow up on payment.
• Reconciliation, aging and other reports and supporting schedules for month/year end.
• Assist FP&A in preparation of revenue forecast.
• Any other finance related ad-hoc duties to support the Finance Team.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Accounting related degree and/or part qualified ACCA (or any other equivalent qualification)
• At least 2 years’ experience in a similar position
• Excellent understanding of AR process and revenue recognition principles (IFRS)
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience in liaising with individuals and large corporate clients
• Excellent working knowledge of MS office, especially Excel
• Knowledge of accounting software would be a definite advantage
• Proactive, good communicator and self-starter
• Ability to work in diverse teams and under tight deadlines
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
click here to apply