Local coordinators (Curators)
Jobs at:Shared_Studios & UNDPPA
Deadline of this Job:
12 August 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Local coordinators (Curators) at Shared_Studios & UNDPPA: (Deadline Open until filled) Shared_Studios + UNDPPA “Talking Peace” Conversation Series Shared_Studios is partnering with the United Nations Department of Political and Peacebuilding Affairs (UNDPPA) to power a series of transformative virtual conversations highlighting the knowledge and experience of communities on the frontlines of peacebuilding efforts. The series will highlight local voices with a focus on community-based conflict prevention initiatives in Afghanistan, Bolivia, Iraq, Rwanda, and Uganda. Shared_Studios is seeking local coordinators (Curators) to be part of an International Curatorial Team who will co-design the conversation series and recruit community members and leaders to participate in powerful conversations on the future of peacebuilding. “Talking Peace” Conversation Series Curator The “Talking Peace” Conversation Series Curator will be responsible for ideating transformative programming in partnership with Shared_Studios and UNDPPA; liaising with the local community, United Nations field teams, and local and international media; and recruiting participants from local organizations and initiatives to take part in the conversation series. The ideal candidate is outgoing, self-directed, and organized, with proven experience in community outreach and coordination, knowledge of peacebuilding-related areas such as community-based conflict prevention, community development, or international relations, and is capable of working with a culturally-diverse team. .
In this role, you will:
• Ideate and contribute to conversation programming with Shared_Studios, UNDPPA, and guests in a way that reflects local interests, priorities and concerns;
• Communicate the mission of the “Talking Peace” Conversation Series to local community including potential guests, partner organizations, UN field teams, as well as local and international press;
• Unearth and recruit community voices working on peacebuilding and/or conflict resolution efforts, especially those largely unknown at an international level;
• Identify, recruit and coordinate a diverse group of guest participants across a variety of professional and creative sectors in your community contributing to peacebuilding efforts; and,
• Contact, confirm and lead guests through procedures for successful virtual conversations
Job Skills: Not Specified
Required attributes and experience:
• Self-directed and reliable with the ability to work independently and flexibly;
• Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with the demonstrated ability to engage and mobilize people across a variety of professional and creative sectors;
• 2+ years of professional experience in community outreach and engagement, including direct experience working in or with community and/or in international relations and peacebuilding;
• Demonstrated knowledge of local affairs especially in relation to conflict resolution, community development, and/or peacebuilding;
• A strong understanding of and deep interest in global cultures and communities;
• Aptitude for problem solving, project management, and creative resourcefulness;
• Experience and comfort working across digital platforms; and,
• Ideal candidates will have experience facilitating, hosting and/or moderating events (virtually or face-to-face).
We are looking for candidates in the following locations:
This is a project-based temporary position for immediate start through to December 2020, with possibility of additional projects or lateral transfer upon completion.About UNDPPA
The Department of Political and Peacebuilding Affairs (DPPA) plays a central role in United Nations efforts to prevent deadly conflict and build sustainable peace around the world.
Shared_Studios exists to create meaningful human connections between people separated by distance and difference. We design transformative conversations that help people thrive in an interconnected world by opening minds, challenging assumptions, and inspiring action.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Follow the link below to apply: https://hire.withgoogle.com/public/jobs/sharedstudioscom/view/P_AAAAAAEAACTAQPx2JLnMND