Jobs at:MAGERWA Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
26 April 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, April 12, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About MAGERWA ltd .
Magerwa Ltd is a logistics company in Rwanda, offering storage facilities and equipment rental services. Magerwa also operates as a public bonded warehouse experienced in managing assorted varieties of cargo, Land freight, Air Freight, Transit goods, among others. Besides providing services of its core business, Magerwa as a corporate citizen has always given back to communities in areas where we operate from. We embrace the responsibility of giving back to communities that have equally played a key role in our company growth. Magerwa Ltd is a subsidiary of Portek International. .
• We are looking for a software developer to join our software development team as it grows. We want someone who is comfortable of asking “why?”.
• The ideal candidate is a divergent thinker who understands technology best practices and has experience with multiple coding languages.
• He or she must be a team player, possessing strong analytical as well as technical skills, capable to communicate the logic behind technical decisions to non-tech stakeholders.
• He or she must be comfortable working in an agile environment and can “take the wheel” when necessary.
• Analyze the software requirements: i.e., reviewing the existing processes and existing outcome, Identify the gaps and desired outcome; Document the gaps and means tofill up the gaps.
• Develop projects plans and Manage deliverables according to the plans
• Work closely with user departments for the UI/UX design, and Contribute to the overall architecture of the solution
• Create innovative, scalable, fault-tolerant software solutions to address the operations needs
• Expand existing software to meet the needs of the changing business landscape
• Ensure that developed software adherer to the technical and quality standards
• Support the users and contribute to smooth-running of the information systems
Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business information technology or Software development.
• 3+ years’ software development or programming experience
• High technical proficiency in at least:
• One major web or mobile front-end technology (Angular, React, Vue.js)
• One major back-end language (.Net C#, PHP, Java)
• One major Relation Database Management system (Oracle, SQL Server)
• A thorough understanding of computer architecture, operating systems, and data structures
• A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
• Management of hosting environment, including database administration, and scaling an application to support load changes
• A strong understanding of web UI design, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions, and standards
• Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
• Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Willing applicants can send their CVs and application letters addressed to CEO of Magerwa ltd, at the e-mail: [email protected]