Career Opportunities: IT Operations Assistant, Service Contract, Level 5 (142029)
Requisition ID 142029 – Posted 26/04/2021 – Short Term-SC WFP – Africa, Central & Eastern – Rwanda – Kigali – Working Job Language (2) – INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
This position is based in WFP Rwanda Country Office, Kigali duty Station and the job holder will work under the direct supervision of the Business Transformation Officer, under the technical guidance of Snr IT Operations, and overall supervision of the Deputy Country Director of WFP Rwanda.
To deliver high quality technical support, system and data maintenance across a range of areas, in order to contribute to the effective delivery of IT services.To deliver high quality technical support, system and data maintenance across a range of areas, in order to contribute to the effective delivery of IT services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Carry out system maintenance tasks, such as performing monitoring tasks, running system diagnostics, and system optimisation, to ensure they are running effectively and enable easy and efficient use.
2. Maintain technology, including standard repairs, configuration, and storage, in accordance with data security and access controls to ensure IT equipment required for WFP staff is available.
3. Prepare files and systems for inventory and archives to ensure information is accurate and up-to-date.
4. Support the maintenance of information records such as asset register databases to ensure the information is current and well organised.
5. Respond to a variety of queries about technology and systems in order to assist WFP staff to deliver their services.
6. Perform routine deployments of server hardware and software, including testing and the identification of problems, to contribute to the effective functioning of technology.
7. Install, operate, and maintain telecommunications systems and equipment, to ensure optimal services in compliance with standard operations procedures.
8. With support of senior colleagues, provide standard training to end users of technology and systems to ensure staff use standard technology and systems effectively.
9. Suggest improvements to methods and processes in order to support the continuous improvement of IT services.
10. Follow set emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in enabling emergency food assistance needs to be met.
Well organized with sound judgment;
- Ability to anticipate concerns and needs of clients and responds with appropriate solutions
- Ability to work with minimum of supervision and to supervise and train support staff;
- Ability to support and develops operational practices that accommodate diversity
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Governance, Strategy and Architecture||Demonstrates awareness of overall IT governance structure and system architecture development to support the process and assist in design of interaction between systems.|
|Change Implementation, Project management, Planning and Optimization||Has basic understanding of project management principles to provide basic estimates on timing, resource utilisation and costs to facilitate the project planning process.|
|Technical Expertise||Continuously updates one’s own knowledge about new technologies and product modifications; Is sought out for advice/expertise and recognized internally as an important technical reference.|
|Service Management||Understands and follows the established standards and protocols for service excellence within own domain to maintain quality of delivery and high levels of customer satisfaction.|
|Client Management||Exhibits a detailed understanding of customers’ IT requests in order to effectively address and manage internal customers ‘needs. Identifies recurrent issues to propose long-term solutions.|
|Procurement and Contract Management||Assists in the technology selection process by collating information on vendors and/or products for evaluation against criteria.|
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education : A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area complemented by University degree in Information Technology or any related field preferably supplemented by additional studies/trainings in the field of electricity, electronics, telecommunications.
Experience: At least five years of progressively responsible job-related experience in information technology or electricity or telecommunications or Information Management, such as, WAN/LAN networking, operating systems, telephone services, radio unit, web design or another related field. Working experience in an international organization or multicultural environment is an added value.
Language : Fluency (level C) in both oral and written communication in English and French
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has experience resolving more complex technical issues.
- Has worked with head of units in defining requirements for functional area.
- Has experience with the application of client services standards to resolve or escalate clients’ service problems.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The World Food Programme DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
- WFP embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that celebrates diversity and inclusivity in all ways.
- All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications and merit.
Deadline for submitting the online applicaction is on the 9th of May 2021
Female applicants and qualified applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 9th May, 2021.