TITLE : RECRUITMENT OF STAFF TO WORK WITH RWANDA GREEN FUND – FONERWA
TYPE OF CONTRACT: FIXED CONTRACT
DATE OF ISSUE : August 2019
Background and context
National Fund for Environment – FONERWA under Ministry of Environment has received financing from Green Climate Fund (GCF) to increase the resilience of vulnerable communities to climate change in Gicumbi District in Northern Rwanda. The project will restore and enhance ecosystem services in one of the sub-catchments of the degraded Muvumba watershed, increase the capacity of communities to renew and sustainably manage forest resources and support smallholders to adopt climate resilient agriculture. The project will also invest in climate resilient settlements for vulnerable families currently living in areas prone to landslides and floods and support community based adaptation planning and livelihoods diversification. Knowledge and capacity developed during implementation will be mainstreamed at the local and national level.
The project will specifically target the most vulnerable groups who have less resources to mitigate and adapt to climate change. This includes the extreme poor, as more than a quarter of households in the target area fall into this category and women headed households who tend to be poor and are particularly vulnerable to climate change.
The project comprises four interlinked outputs:
- Sub-catchment B of the Muvumba watershed restored and small scale farmers supported to adopt climate resilient practices;
- Communities supported to implement sustainable forest management and adopt fuel-efficient cooking methods;
- Human settlements developed and/or modified to increase climate resilience; and
- Successful adaptation and mitigation approaches communicated and mainstreamed at the national level.
There are two expected outcomes from the project, linked to both mitigation and adaptation:
- Improved management of land or forest areas contributing to emissions reductions
- Strengthened adaptive capacity and reduced exposure to climate risks
FONERWA wishes to recruit competent personnel to fill the vacant post in FONERWA to manage project management unit.
Application deadline: September 03,2019