Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Jobs at:One Acre Fund
Deadline of this Job:
03rd September 2019
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 19, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund. We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020. .
• Plans and executes the monthly testing cycle for the QA team in addition to your own tasks. Manages the SQA test calendar, leads in bug triaging and cross communication between clients, QA and the development team.
• Complete ownership of the release testing cycle, embedded assignments, and management of at least one staffer. Act as lead within the embedded teams for first level bug triaging.
• Management: Directly manage one or more JG2-3 staffers and has made significant progress in the professional development of said staffer(s) via documented development plans, promotion plans and Performance Development Reviews.
• Manages one or more servers and researches/troubleshoots solutions independently or have a record of creating improved technical systems in Information Technology Development
• Plans release testing and testing components of each report within their embedded teams, track report automation progress and share with management.
• Give input on future staffing decisions and departmental planning, prioritizing work and shifting tasks regularly to ensure smooth completion of sprint and release cycle tasks.
• Begin intermediate automation tasks for your own projects, share knowledge through technical documentation and assist junior reports and staff on UI recording. Strengthen reports domain knowledge of OAF tools
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Strong undergraduate degree from a recognized institution in Software Engineering, Computer Science or any related field.
• Increased personal and professional exposure by contributing more with cross functional teams e.g. via presentations, documentation, brainstorming sessions, standups etc.
• Leadership potential exemplified by acting as a values role model for others. Supports building a strong and positive team culture. Leads by example.
• Great people management skills or potential.
• Personal organization skills: Ability to prioritize and manage larger workloads effectively, delegate and plan for future projects and manage delegation.
• Fluency in English. Kiswahili is a plus
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Follow the link below to apply https://grnh.se/6d273c381