Application deadline : June 03, 2021
HOPE International implements savings group ministries by equipping and supporting a network of partners with a holistic, church-centered savings group ministry. HOPE’s Savings Group team is working to develop expertise in regenerative agriculture as a complementary service to the existing SG ministry. Regenerative agriculture strengthens HOPE’s program design to support the church and further holistic transformation among individuals and in communities.
The SG Agriculture Program Advisor provides programmatic insight and project management expertise for the growth, design development, and operations of the Sowers of HOPE agriculture program.
- Location: Kigali, Rwanda, United States
- Level: Professional
- Type: Full-time
- Department: Operations
- Reports to: Sowers of HOPE Program Manager
- The primary areas of responsibility will include:
- Promote and fulfill the mission and vision of HOPE International.
- Spiritual Integration and Christian Witness
- Remain committed to the program’s Christ-centered mission and vision, and promote spiritual growth among staff, farmers, and church partners.
- Ensure a personal healthy spiritual balance within family, work, and church life through the adoption of Biblical, personal, and spiritual disciplines.
- Advise Program Design
- As a member of the program design team, provide critical insight and support for Sowers of HOPE tool and methodology development including operations and financial reporting systems, project management systems, and expansion/replication strategies and processes.
- Assist in creating, reporting, and presenting on tools to communicate the Sowers of HOPE model, including the Operations Manual, and the Theory of Change.
- Participate in meetings and collaboration projects with the broader agriculture program design team in regards to Sowers of HOPE. This may include recording and sharing meeting notes, managing specific follow-up tasks, and preparing agendas and presentations.
- Other Sowers of HOPE program design support as needed.
- Project Management
- Manage listening, monitoring, and evaluation of Sowers of HOPE implementations, creating and refining survey and monitoring tools, and coaching agriculture staff as they manage survey implementation.
- Manage and refine operational reporting systems. This includes regular monitoring of incoming data and reports to ensure consistent reporting, and to apply learnings.
- Review, analyze, assess, and facilitate the application of evaluations from operational reporting systems and surveys to the program design.
- Ensure feedback loop concerning agriculture is complete. Support the agriculture staff in writing listening, monitoring, and evaluation (LM&E) reports and sharing analysis with relevant stakeholders for good program management and design improvements.
- Personal commitment to the mission and vision of HOPE International.
- 3+ years professional experience working with savings groups, development, or agricultural training.
- Qualifying degree in administration, international development, or similar field of study.
- Skilled leader, with excellent understanding of cross-cultural communications, workplace relationships, and church relations. Experience successfully working or studying in an international context is strongly preferred.
- Mastery of development theory and commitment to principles aligned with the mission of the Sowers of HOPE program and HOPE International. Experience or demonstrated interest in regenerative agriculture and/or agrarian theology is preferred.
- Flexible and a creative problem solver, able to work from abstract concepts to implementation.
- Project management experience.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Assertive self-starter with demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with a team.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Excellent written, verbal, and computer-based communication skills.
- Passion and ability to self-educate regarding Savings Group and Sowers of HOPE methodologies and systems.
- Demonstrated acumen in use of applicable technology systems, e.g. Excel, PPT, Adaptive, Wrike.
- Passion to help underprivileged farmers to regain hope, dignity, and the ability to support themselves and their families.