Results Monitoring and Knowledge Management Officer
Jobs at:Enabel / PRISM
Deadline of this Job:
23 December 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 02, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
He/she works for Agriculture Interventions (PRISM), under the direct supervision of the Intervention Manager of PRISM, and in very close collaboration with colleagues, implementation partners (grantee), and stakeholders. This function requires a high degree of interpersonal skills. .
Ensures that the interventions have relevant information about results and use it for reporting, decision making, learning, and rendering accounts of results achieved. Ensures that the performance of Enabel interventions is monitored and best practices are communicated well to stakeholders and the public at large.
In general, (s)he will:
• Put in place a monitoring system of the outcomes and results of the interventions in order to have all necessary information to follow up performance, prepare regular performance reports, to support strategic decision making, to render accounts of results achieved, and to generate the necessary data for evaluation, action research, and knowledge building.
• Develops standard, user-friendly, and result-focused templates/tools for monitoring and reporting progress towards achievement of results, in line with the broader M&E guidelines of Enabel and the existing tools of Enabel; Share and follow up implementation partners are also using these templets while reporting their grant implementation or progress report.
• Coordinates results monitoring with Implementation in order to provide each indicator with information and to be able to use the information obtained to follow up performance, to support strategic decision making, to render accounts of results achieved, and to promote learning.
• Advise the Intervention Manager on the planning and monitoring activities in order to ensure programme or intervention management in accordance with the management for results principles.
• Organise and supports learning activities in order to ensure that lessons are drawn, that the relevant experiences from execution are capitalized and disseminated.
• Promote a results-oriented culture and ensure that management for results becomes a common responsibility
• Network with M&E experts of Enabel and other partner organizations in order to continuously learn, share lessons learned, remain informed of recent M&E evolutions, and adopt an innovative attitude.
• Ensure capacity development of partner entities in order to contribute to the improvement of their organization, processes, and systems and of their staff’s competencies.
• Lead the intervention mid- and end-term review and evaluation processes. • Support the preparation of the M&E plan, including to help interventions establish baselines and targets.
• Assure documentation of results of the intervention and acts as communication focal point of PRISM Enabel in Rwanda (Facebook articles, contributions to the newsletter, enabel.be)
• Master’s degree in Development Studies, Project Management, Social Sciences, Statistics, Economics or another relevant field
• Be a Rwandan Citizen
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in Monitoring & Evaluation in development interventions
• Experience and knowledge of corporate communications is an asset
• Knowledge of project cycle and logical framework is an asset;
• Proficiency in English, French, and Kinyarwanda, with excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Knowledge of data management/statistics;
• Advanced skills in mobile data collection tools (e.g. Kobo Toolbox, ODK)
• Expertise in M&E methodologies including the various approaches and theories, the norms and standards, the quantitative and qualitative methods, the quality and validity of data, the analysis and interpretation of the data;
• Expertise in reporting and learning exercises (evaluation, action research, knowledge building);
• Ability to write and translate a professional text in French, English, and Kinyarwanda
• Ability to establish public relations;
• Very good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, and Powerpoint) and practical knowledge of the Internet and web design;
• Good analysis and information processing capabilities.
• Proactive, innovative, and creative (e.g. be able to reflect on the improvement of the internal and external communication to capitalize experiences and "lessons learnt")
• Able to work under time pressure with no objection to undertake field missions.
• Capacity to work in a multicultural context
• Ability to work independently to produce expected results
• Mature, good communicator, and team player
• High level of rigor, integrity, and willing to learn
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested applicants fulfilling the above-mentioned criteria are invited to submit their application documents through Job in Rwanda by clicking the "Apply for this job" button including detailed Curriculum Vitae (max 5 pages), a motivation letter, and a copy of University degree(s). Past and current service certificates (unproven experience will not be considered during the shortlisting), specify in your CV the names of three referees (former direct supervisor) as well as their emails and telephone numbers not later than the 15th December 2020. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Enabel never requests money to be part of any of the recruitment process. Done at Kigali, December 01st, 2020
Resident Representative, Enabel Rwanda https://www.jobinrwanda.com/apply-now?field_job=33946