Program Manager Youth and Work
Jobs at:Help a Child Rwanda
Deadline of this Job:
14 January 2021
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, December 21, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Help a Child is a Christian international NGO specialized in community development with its headquarters in the Netherlands and it has been operating in Rwanda since 2008. Founded in 1968, Help a Child’s mission is to improve the wellbeing of children living in poverty and crisis through supportive communities.
In cooperation with local NGO partners, Help a Child Rwanda improves the resilience of households by implementing the Child Centered Community Development (CCCD) Program. In this holistic program, various thematic interventions are combined. Youth & Work is one of the Help a Child thematic expertise areas. Our vision for Youth & Work in Rwanda is to empower marginalized youth to prepare them for decent work opportunities, and to be able to grow out of poverty. This is done by setting up and strengthening youth groups and by supporting youth to learn modern farming techniques and exploit agriculture as an income generating opportunity. Other strategies are to provide technical and vocational training and to support youth groups to conduct joint advocacy on district level. .
The Program Manager Youth & Work has the task to support the CPD by taking the lead to provide quality assurance for youth focused interventions implemented by Help a Child Rwanda. This involves ensuring that Implementing Partners fulfil their contractual obligations of reporting and collecting PMEL data at required standards. It also involves providing technical assistance and leadership to other colleagues in the Country Office to develop and use robust data collection and reporting systems. This position also has a special responsibility to develop fundraising strategy and plans for youth-focused program elements (Economic Program, Social resilience). He/she will have to reference and contextualize Help a Child’s global guidelines, then build the capacity of implementing teams to execute program plans, to monitor progress, and to evaluate results.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications & Desired Skills
• A relevant post-graduate qualification in Business Administration, Agronomy, Agricultural Economy or related field;
• Minimum of 5 years of progressive responsibility work experience in managing and implementing multi-faceted donor-funded development projects, preferably in Africa;
• Ten years of experience with market development and inclusive business;
• Solid experience in project management, preferably in local funded projects;
• Able to strategically inspire and energies project teams;
• 10 years experience with community-based programming supporting youth economic programs including Self Help Groups
• Multidisciplinary profile to support the different specialist in the team;
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified candidates are kindly invited to apply through this link https://cvselection.net/program-manager-youth-work at the latest on 14th January 2021. https://www.jobinrwanda.com/sites/default/files/job%20details%20files/Program%20manager%20Youth%20and%20Work%20Finalfaa2b75ca400ce3fa8d7cd19ec867f26.docx