Jobs at:African Solutions Private Limited
Deadline of this Job:
07 August 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 03, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Poultry Manager at African Solutions Private Limited: (Deadline 7 August 2020) African Solutions Private Limited (AfriSol) is a diversified agro-processing company with interests in animal feeds manufacturing, dairy processing and poultry production. We working closely with smallholder farmers in Rwanda in partnership with various stakeholders to increase their incomes and nutrition at a household level. We are looking for a suitably qualified and experienced person to join the team as Poultry Manager. The successful candidate must be a driven team player who is dynamic, assertive, results-oriented, having strong leadership qualities and communication skills .
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Poultry Manager is responsible for all poultry production operations, including the planning, directing, and overseeing all production business concerns, including safety, animal husbandry, personnel management, budget management, cost control and operating efficiencies.
Key responsibilities include;
• Design and agree on performance metrics with CEO and ensure these are met.
• Oversee poultry husbandry, flock management, bird scheduling and movement.
• Design and implement safety procedures, utilizing appropriate safety equipment at all times.
• Ensure proper execution of all Production SOPs.
• Oversee the farm compliance program, in areas including animal welfare and overall bio-security and site security, ensuring RSB, HACCP, SQF and ISO certifications for farms and produce.
• Effectively manage capital and operating expenditure in line with set budgets to achieve
• Ensure efficient and continuous management of both internal and external stakeholders.
• Staff recruitment, performance management and development planning and manpower planning and scheduling in line with requirements and company policy
Job Skills: Not Specified
Requirements and Qualifications
• A degree in Animal Science and Nutrition or Animal production. A master’s degree is an added advantage.
• Minimum 3 of years’ experience managing poultry farmers.
• Strong communication and people management skills.
• Ability to work independently to achieve the set goals.
• Strong problem-solving skills, and proven project management and continuous improvement experience and coordination of multiple projects simultaneously
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Suitable candidates should apply to [email protected] attaching their detailed Curriculum Vitae. The deadline for submission of applications is close of business on 7 August 2020