Operational Information Management & Performance Reporting Officer, NOA (SAMS Unit)
Jobs at:World Food Program (WFP)
Deadline of this Job:
04 August 2020
Within Rwanda , Kigali , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, July 24, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
The selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Job Listing Detail
Job Title: Operational Information Management & Performance Reporting Officer (Smallholder Agricultural Market Support Unit)
Type of Contract: Fixed Term appointment, National Officer (NOA)
Reporting to: Head of Smallholder Agricultural Market Support Unit
Duration: 12 Months renewable upon satisfactory performance and availability of funds
Deadline: August 4, 2020
Under the direct supervision of the head of SAMS unit, the Operational Information Management & Performance Reporting Officer (OIM & PR) will be responsible for providing support to all issues related to performance measurement, data management, and M&E for SAMS activities. The incumbent will also act as the liaison between SAMS and the VAM and M&E units to ensure compliance with corporate reporting standards. .
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive, within delegated authority)
• Support staff in the assigned area to ensure that standard OIM&PR procedures and templates are followed to drive the quality, consistency and standardization of information management and performance reporting across WFP;
• Collaborate with counterparts internally to ensure consistency in humanitarian information and to complement WFP analysis and information;
• Support the enhancement of the capacity of WFP staff and partners to effectively manage operational information and performance reporting, for example through scheduling the delivery of the OIM& PR training on core competencies;
• Support the initiatives for developing improved, streamlined, and harmonized OIM& PR including drafting of OIM & PR related normative guidance, as required;
• Support the assurance of defined quality standards in all processes and products;
• Perform other related duties as required.
Other Specific Job Accountabilities
• Support the head of the unit in all matters related to data and information management of all SAMS activities;
• Research and analyze a range of policy and operational issues to inform the development of policies, programmes, and activities;
• Liaise with internal and external WFP counterparts to ensure effective collaboration, monitor ongoing projects and highlight potential risks to project delivery;
• Support the head of unit to identify target farmer organizations and farmer-friendly aggregators by managing the selection and due diligence process; collect, analyze and assess profiles of target farmer organizations and their farm business management practice;
• Provide technical support to the cooperating partners and monitor their performance to meet the project objectives
• In consultation with the M&E and VAM units, coordinate data gathering and monitoring systems ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained;
• Facilitate the development of digital data collection tools to support SAMS activities;
• Liaise with SAMS cooperating partners to ensure timely and accurate reporting;
• Help strengthen strategic and operational decision making by properly considering evaluation and assessment recommendations in the design of all activities
• Regularly document, package and disseminate knowledge management products related to SAMS activities for wider dissemination internally and/or externally;
• Prepare periodic operational updates on various SAMS initiatives and activities (including HGSF, FtMA, PHLR, RWEE);
• Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Proficiency in using/designing digital data collection tools (including but not limited to ODK, Kobo, ONA)
• Highly proficient using MS Excel (pivot tables, advanced analysis)
• Demonstrated knowledge of SMEs, pro-smallholder agriculture models.
• Demonstrated ability to provide consistent and timely client service to meet the changing needs and expectations of clients, allowing clients to actively participate in and contribute to decisions that are relevant to their needs. Makes adjustments to services as required.
• Take ownership of assigned tasks, establish priorities, and monitor own work plan with minimum supervision.
• Ability to work in a team and establish effective working relations with results-oriented private sector partners as well as internal WFP clients.
• Good analytical skills; resourcefulness, initiative, the maturity of judgment, tact, and negotiating skills.
• Ability to perform and deliver results under time pressure.
• Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing and in multiple contexts.
• Ability to frequently travel within the country
• Knowledge of various aspects of financial services and business modeling is a bonus.
Strong ability to take initiative with research and analysis and produce valuable results in conditions of uncertainty; solid operational skills including problem-solving and project management skills, including the ability to work and deliver projects proactively and under pressure.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
• Education: University Degree in one or more of the following disciplines: economics, agriculture, business administration, statistics or a field relevant to agricultural value chain management. An advanced degree in the relevant field is a plus.
• Experience: At least three years of experience in agribusiness, M&E, or value chain development.
• Language: Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda; proficiency in both oral and written communication in both French and English will be an added value.
Job Education Requirements: University Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 3 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Visit this link to apply: https://career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=123422&company=C0000168410P
Deadline for Applications: August 4, 2020
Qualified Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero-tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status. No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.